De-prime

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the Lee hand press and the universal decapping die and I can do it on the recliner watching TV. The Lee hand press is thirty something from Midway and I can't remember how much the die was. It is smoother on the bench but now I have an option. A lot of cases to deprime can get boring at the bench.

It does catch the primers but getting the shell holder out is kinda tight. It may get easier after I use it more.

It has a hollow ram and when it gets full you have to take out the shell holder and dump it.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You don't use it that much because you don't like it, it's not efficient or some other reason.

Because most of my loading is done on a Dillon 550. If I'm working on precision rifle cases, then I'll use it before uniforming primer pockets and flash holes. I just don't do much of that.

cernstus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bolted a couple of 2x12's to the top of a rolling tool cart with some weights in the bottom to creat a mobile load bench. You could mount a small single stage to the end. Roll it into the living room and then out when your done.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a RCBS special press mounted on a piece of 2X12. Bring it into the kitchen, clamp it to the overhang on the island and go to town. I make sure and put a board underneath to distribute the clamp pressure over a larger area. Its a granite counter top.

Cadesdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great ideas... If I want to become single. Lol pretty sure when my wife authorized the "gun room" her intention was for me to keep all my gun stuff in that room beyond what fits in my hand.

Yes, you can temporarily suspend my man card, but keep in mind, I have a gun room so that suspension can't last too long.

Seriously, I appreciate all the ideas. I ordered the Lee Breech Lock Hand Press with a universal depriming/decapping die last night.

Thanks again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom