"Official" Wild Game Cooking Pic and Recipe Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought it may be fun to have a thread dedicated to meals we cook up with wild game. Pics are a must!!!! And feel free to share the recipe as well.

I'll start.....

In honor of Tom's impending doom next weekend, I decided to cook up some wild turkey tonight. Marinated in a little olive oil, spicy Head Country BBQ sauce, black pepper and sea salt. Grill on medium/high heat for 5 min on each side while basting with more BBQ sauce. I kind of threw this together as a test and it turned out to be the best wild turkey I've ever cooked. Even my wife who isn't much on wild game asked me to save some so she could have it for lunch tomorrow.

i36.photobucket.com_albums_e33_ripple420_photo_zps5a587b4d.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First time we have ever tried fish taco's. My wife commented she wasn't really hungry, but tried one.....three later, she agreed this is one recipe that goes into the "must eat" file.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here are couple more. I'll post the recipes if anyone is interested.

I'm a huge fan of cooking duck. It's taken me years to get it right, but I've got it to the point where I can slice it up and feed it to unsuspecting guests and tell them it's a filet and they're non the wiser.

i36.photobucket.com_albums_e33_ripple420_photo4_zpse11f74d0.jpg

i36.photobucket.com_albums_e33_ripple420_photo3_zpsfdfee78e.jpg

i36.photobucket.com_albums_e33_ripple420_photo2_zps4ce0522d.jpg

I have to give my wife the credit for this one. Venison stuffed portobella mushrooms. They were outstanding!

i36.photobucket.com_albums_e33_ripple420_photo1_zps183a564a.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fish tacos. We used lemon yogurt. Much better.
Also didn't grill the fish. Crushed up some dorito's, used the seasonings listed, and used them to coat the fish, baking in the oven untll flaky. (30 min at 375, turning once)
The sauce is totally what makes this dish.

Recipe Details

Fish Tacos Ultimo

8 Servings, Prep Time: 30 Minutes, Cook Time: 30 Minutes

Description

After many attempts and many combinations of ingredients these fish tacos are ULTIMO!

Ingredients

2 pounds tilapia fillets
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon paprika
cooking spray
1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 1/2 teaspoons canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
16 (5 inch) corn tortillas
2 cups shredded cabbage
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 tomato, chopped
1 avocado - peeled, pitted, and sliced
1/2 cup salsa
2 green onions, chopped
Directions

Rub tilapia fillets with 2 tablespoons lime juice and season with salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and paprika. Spray both sides of each fillet with cooking spray.
Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
Combine yogurt, 2 tablespoons lime juice, cilantro, and chipotle pepper in a blender; pulse until sauce is well blended. Set aside.
Grill tilapia on preheated grill until fish is easily flaked with a fork, about 5 minutes on each side.
Heat each corn tortilla in a skillet over medium-low heat until warm, about 1 minute. Divide grilled fish evenly over corn tortillas and serve with cilantro-lime sauce, cabbage, Monterey Jack cheese, tomato, avocado, salsa, and green onions.
Nutritional Information

Servings Per Recipe: 8
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 336

Carbohydrates: 29.2g
Fat: 11.0g
Cholesterol: 54.5mg
Dietary Fiber: 6.0g
Sodium: 846.7mg
Protein: 31.5g

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Amen, on the sticky worthy thread. Porter - what is your address and when is supper?????????? Dennis - I am pulling some crappie out of the freezer for supper this weekend to try your recipe. DONT hold back on your recipes. I will pull out a couple and contribute. Why don't you put on your "hamburger" recipe using the onion soup and the mushroom soup. That recipe is now a "must keep" for my youth hunters and is on my recipe handout in the Fall. You fooled me the first time, I thought you used beef instead of venison.

Latest posts

Top Bottom