What Beer do you eat food with?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know, I know, this is a gun forum but I'm on a mission.

What beer do you eat food with? I have drank a few beers in my time, from Belgian beer( Belgium is the country/Belgian is the product...drives me nuts when people use it incorrectly) to Nigerian brewed Guiness to Anchor Beer to Ommegang to Peroni to Red Hook to Dogfish Head to Choc to Moose Drool to Rogue to Russian River to Sierra Nevada to Santa Fe Pale Ale to Left Hand to ...you get the picture.

I keep coming back to two beers to eat food with....sorry for my choice...but the road leads me back to these two...don't know why. To eat with...not just for leisure time killing. Well, maybe three.

1st up: Coors and Lone Star, from pizza to chili to steak to ruben sandwich, to gumbo and boudin. You name it, I keep coming back to these two as my favorite to eat with. Just tonight at Cattleman's I had a steak with Coors....MMMmmmmmmmm,Mmmmmm. Just wish we could get a stronger Coors here in Okie land. Of course my Lone Star is liquor store bought.

2nd up: Modelo Especial, yes I know most to all the Mexican beers....heck even a few Central American...Gallo and Balboa. With Mexican food I just love the blend or marriage of Modelo Especial with a great salsa and salty chips, Menudo, or anytype of taco...buche my favorite.

So, give Cohiba a few of your choices that you drink beer while dinning. I may find some new ones,who knows??

Cheers...:drink:

Cohiba

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
As much as I like food, I rarely eat while drinking beer. Once in a while, beer with pizza sounds good, but mostly when I drink beer I just want to taste the beer by itself.

If I go out for dinner and want beer, I drink the beer before the food comes out, and then I usually just drink water with my meal.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I'm out at a restaurant and order a beer with dinner, I'm usually limited on choices. For some reason I have a tendency to order a Blue Moon. Don't ask me why. I never buy the stuff at the store and drink it at home. It's a pretty refershing brew and really goes well with a steak.

If I'm at home, it really depends on the food. If we're having venison tacos or something mexican, I really enjoy a Pacifico. I had a Bohemia the other night with dinner as well.

If we're having burgers, steaks, grilled chicken etc I'll go with either a Sunshine Wheat or Fat Tire.

I have been watching the calories lately though, so I found a girly beer that does have some body to it for what it is. Bud Select 55. I hang my head when I pick some up at the store, but all things considered it's not terrible. For some reason it appears a little darker than a typical bud or bud light so I like to pour it in a glass and pretend it's something else.

daytomann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ice cold Boulevard Wheat with an orange slice with HOT wings!
Good-NESS!

I'm talking hot wings, not mild wings.

Or a Leiney Honey Weiss with a steak.

I can drink just about any beer with chips and salsa.

Other than that I like my beer with my beer. Usually don't have it WITH food.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Barq's because Barq's has bite. Or A&W cause it has that frosty mug taste. Usually have the A&W with a scoop of ice cream in it. Love IBC too. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom