We eat ribs with this dude, but we didn't have a clue...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

daytomann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah - domestic violence.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/cleveland-hero-charles-ramsey-8702415

I figured that folks would dig up the dirt on him as soon as I saw people praising his name. Still, the guy did something good and then refused payment for it as he's got a job.

I'd eat ribs with him.

Well this guy is a hoot, no doubt. But I'm going to reserve judgement and I'm not inviting him over for a Q just yet.

Sure he turned down the reward but I recon he'll get paid somehow or another during his 15 mins of fame. Which I believe he should BTW.

Im very glad he stepped in and got involved. Other people got involved along the way before this and it appeared the police dropped the ball. But if they would have actually done their job earlier then there wouldn't have been this hilarious interview........

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Eatin my McDonalds...

I read somewhere this guy was a convicted felon for a string of domestic violence. Irony huh?

When I see a domestic violence conviction, I'm even more surprised... Surprised that this guy probably got really screwed over by the system and still has such a positive attitude.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He's actually quite open about his domestic violence past - he mentions it in his NBC interview and talks about his past being less than perfect and that he's just a man (and that he doesn't want any of the media attention or fame).

That statement in and of itself exemplifies less narcissism than about 85% of the posts on OSA :)

One of the deepest things this guy has said was that he feels relieved that he stepped in when he did, but that he feels terrible that they lived next to him for a year and he never knew there was an issue and therefore didn't do anything to stop it for a year.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
i really don't care about his past. he did a good thing and should be commended for it. the fact that he's funny is just a bonus. i hope he makes some money from this and starts a fund for battered women.

Latest posts

Top Bottom