Square Credit Card Processor prohibiting Guns and Ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just got the notice that effective in June Square is not allowing firearms/ ammo/ firearms parts to be processed any longer........

Anyone know of a good "gun friendly" processor that has mobile app for the Iphone?

OKfella

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a CC processor, I had just researched this.

My processing banks that offer competitive rates are not at all gun averse, IF you are conducting face to face, card present business. Think a gun shop, or any other scenario that will always be card present. If this is your situation, I can help. In fact, I can get you your first Iphone card reader for free. There is an activation fee, and a small monthly fee, plus a fair discount rate. Alternatively, card terminals are crazy cheap these days, so don't write that route off yet, either. If you process now, I can get you switched over to my processing on a terminal with no cost to you, other than the terminal. No app fee, no set up fee, etc, at a great rate. It really depends on where and how you conduct your sales.

For me, the problem is when a large percentage of sales are internet or phone, with the item being shipped. To do those types of merchants, I must go to a high risk processor, and the rates are really high. I have avoided doing any this way...the risk/cost seems high, the return low.

PM me if I can help in any way.

Tyson C.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
how does it/they know if you are buying guns/ammo/etc....

just curious on my own behalf.... and how $hitty of them to determine what you can and can't buy!!!

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
PayPal is very anti-gun with their PayPal service. My question is how would they know? You, being the vendor, supply them with all the information so unless you tell them it is a gun they won't know if it's a gun?

Because you tell them what type of items you sell when you sign up. It's not as easy to lie to them as one might think....trust me on this one.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I mean I guess it's possible you may go awhile before they find out, like telling them you sell "sporting goods", etc. But you will technically be in violation of their member agreement, which then gives them the power to put a "hold" on your funds--- which I"m sure you could eventually get---but nonetheless they could tie up some of your operating capital for awhile............ My luck they would tie up a transaction for an expensive "Nighthawk Custom", or 50 BMG.

Latest posts

Top Bottom