Network Execs complain to Phil .............

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I mean Damn people, learn to change the channel if you don't like it...

It's the principal of something they don't like...just like guns. They forget we live in America, where it doesn't effin' matter what you do or don't like, because you DO have the right to not watch that show...own a gun....go to church...etc. People are taking freedom's as individual rights to deny others' because of their own likes and dislikes. Most of these people don't even know what it means to be an American. Take them away from their pampered city life, tv's, computers, etc, and they couldn't survive.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It's the principal of something they don't like...just like guns. They forget we live in America, where it doesn't effin' matter what you do or don't like, because you DO have the right to not watch that show...own a gun....go to church...etc. People are taking freedom's as individual rights to deny others' because of their own likes and dislikes. Most of these people don't even know what it means to be an American. Take them away from their pampered city life, tv's, computers, etc, and they couldn't survive.
well put

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Thank you, I feel a little better now. :scream:

Reason's like this is why I'm moving back out of the city. I grew up in the middle of no where Oklahoma (Quinlan if you've ever heard of it),where I did have freedom, and I could do pretty much what I wanted, when I wanted. I once camped out for 2 weeks straight for my Christmas break while in school, never went home, had too much fun fishing, hunting coyotes, and being a boy. I didn't get in trouble, I didn't burn fields down, I didn't kill people despite always carrying a gun everywhere I went and being a kid. Living in town, I just wonder how long it will be until my neighbors call the cops on me one of these days when I'm loading up for a range day.

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great job on his part for not changing just for TV. Far too many people change & lose themselves just for ignorant reality TV shows. It's good to see him stand up & tell them to take it as it is or drop them.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess nobody bothered to read the link I posted, so here is the text.

If you’ve checked your Facebook or email this week, you might have been treated to a surprising story of how “Ducky Dynasty” patriarch Phil Robertson has been fighting the network that airs his show regarding frequent uses of prayer and guns. Mainly, the story says that Phil has taken a stand against A&E in order to keep the two topics in the show.

But while the story may endear fans to Phil and the clan even more, information we’ve uncovered says the entire thing just isn’t true.

First, here’s a copy of one of the variations of the rumor that’s circulating on Facebook:

(Source: Facebook)
That’s a pretty loaded statement. To have a show’s star speak out agaisnt his own network is a big deal. And especially when it comes to faith and guns, two hot-button issues. Still, given Phil’s outspoken nature, it’s not out of the question.

So what’s the truth?

There’s nothing to it, family member and Phil’s oldest (and non-bearded ) son Alan Robertson tells TheBlaze.

“The rumor that A&E told the Robertsons to tone down guns and prayer is not true,” Alan said in an email to TheBlaze, adding the description of “false” to the chatter. “We continue to partner with A&E to make a great tv show that reflects our family’s values.”

And it seems Phil himself has weighed in according to another of the show’s stars. On Thursday, Missy Robertson - wife of bearded brother Jase - tweeted a response to a question from someone asking about the controversy. According to the tweet, she asked Phil about it and he said “not to my knowledge.”

Phil just said "Not to my knowledge." @benny_smith09: true A&E ask Phil not to pray show cause of liberals & atheists complained to them?
May 9, 2013 3:43pm via Twitter for iPhoneReplyRetweetFavorite
@MissyDuckWife
Missy Robertson
That seems pretty clear. And as Phil would say, the family seems “happy, happy, happy” with the way things are going.

In other news, Willie Robertson announced earlier this week on his Twitter account that the show will officially be returning for a fourth season:

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No way! Another news story posted on OSA that's completely false? I can't believe it. Just takes a few extra minutes to research the sites that bust these fake stories before posting.

However, knowing the story is make believe I will still say what I would have said had it actually been true:

I'm not a very religious person but I'm proud to live in a country where people who are religious are allowed to practice that religion freely and openly. I'm a huge fan of Duck Dynasty and I see no problems with the shows content or format. They are a family that rose to success by creating duck calls for hunting so, of course there will be guns and they are a family that share a strong religious bond and faith so how can you do a show about the Robertson family without showing the things that are most important to them? You can't and you shouldn't want to regardless of your own beliefs about religion or guns.

daytomann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess nobody bothered to read the link I posted, so here is the text.

If you’ve checked your Facebook or email this week, you might have been treated to a surprising story of how “Ducky Dynasty” patriarch Phil Robertson has been fighting the network that airs his show regarding frequent uses of prayer and guns. Mainly, the story says that Phil has taken a stand against A&E in order to keep the two topics in the show.

But while the story may endear fans to Phil and the clan even more, information we’ve uncovered says the entire thing just isn’t true.

First, here’s a copy of one of the variations of the rumor that’s circulating on Facebook:

(Source: Facebook)
That’s a pretty loaded statement. To have a show’s star speak out agaisnt his own network is a big deal. And especially when it comes to faith and guns, two hot-button issues. Still, given Phil’s outspoken nature, it’s not out of the question.

So what’s the truth?

There’s nothing to it, family member and Phil’s oldest (and non-bearded ) son Alan Robertson tells TheBlaze.

“The rumor that A&E told the Robertsons to tone down guns and prayer is not true,” Alan said in an email to TheBlaze, adding the description of “false” to the chatter. “We continue to partner with A&E to make a great tv show that reflects our family’s values.”

And it seems Phil himself has weighed in according to another of the show’s stars. On Thursday, Missy Robertson - wife of bearded brother Jase - tweeted a response to a question from someone asking about the controversy. According to the tweet, she asked Phil about it and he said “not to my knowledge.”

Phil just said "Not to my knowledge." @benny_smith09: true A&E ask Phil not to pray show cause of liberals & atheists complained to them?
May 9, 2013 3:43pm via Twitter for iPhoneReplyRetweetFavorite
@MissyDuckWife
Missy Robertson
That seems pretty clear. And as Phil would say, the family seems “happy, happy, happy” with the way things are going.

In other news, Willie Robertson announced earlier this week on his Twitter account that the show will officially be returning for a fourth season:

Another great reason NOT to Facebook.

Latest posts

Top Bottom