Tulsa World: Open Carry in Oklahoma is nonissue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.tulsaworld.com/article.a...ahoma_is_nonissue/20130520_11_A9_CUTLIN667238

Good read if you haven't used up your free clicks on TW. A snippet to stay in the fair use copyright rules:

According to the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation, more than 46,000 applications were submitted for handgun licenses in 2012. The bureau approved 85 percent of those, licensing 15,854 more gun owners than the previous year.

Despite the jump, law enforcement officials in Tulsa and nearby counties could not recall any problematic incidents.

"We've not been responding to any calls, we've not had any complaints, we've not been taking reports. No, no issues here," said Maj. Shannon Clark with the Tulsa County Sheriff's Department.

As of May 15, representatives with sheriff's departments in Tulsa, Osage, Wagoner, Rogers and Okmulgee counties, as well as the Tulsa and Broken Arrow police departments, had not experienced any problems related to lawful open carry.

daytomann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was supposed to be the Wild West all over again!!!
"There ain't room in this town for the both of us!"
Lol!

Although I do not OC. I love the OC law. Not having to worry about printing is just awesome.
Thanks Oklahoma!!!

daytomann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It would be really SWEET of one of the news channels caught up with some of the lame brain detractors of this law and call them out on some of the stupid things they said. It would be priceless.

JPK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It would be really SWEET of one of the news channels caught up with some of the lame brain detractors of this law and call them out on some of the stupid things they said. It would be priceless.

Being the Libocrats that are, they would just spin what they said, or claim speaking while under the influence of booze+Ambien, or that was my dopey sibling...

Latest posts

Top Bottom