Street Outlaws OKC on Discovery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Merlin72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guys it's TV. The producers did a ton of filming and made this show the way they want it. I'm friends with most the guys on there and they are all great guys. The cars are real and the racing is real. Of course there were permits and such for some of the stuff when they were filming. When these guys do race on the street, like what was stated earlier it is in a closed area where no one can be harmed other than the 2 guys that are lined up next to each other. If you don't like the show don't watch it but really guys its TV. Get off your soap boxes.

MFCEO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guys it's TV. The producers did a ton of filming and made this show the way they want it. I'm friends with most the guys on there and they are all great guys. The cars are real and the racing is real. Of course there were permits and such for some of the stuff when they were filming. When these guys do race on the street, like what was stated earlier it is in a closed area where no one can be harmed other than the 2 guys that are lined up next to each other. If you don't like the show don't watch it but really guys its TV. Get off your soap boxes.

Here's a flame worthy example: So The Kardashians aren't what they seem like on their show? Its all the producers? No, Their exactly what they seem like and act like on the show.

No one forced these guys to do a show or act they way they do. but of coarse everyone is a great guy when you know them personally right? good luck convincing anyone that these guys are anything but db tool bags.

Exactly, none of the racing in the show is real, they wont even show a full run without jumping back and forth between angles/ timing etc. And god forbid one of them be able to drive in a straight line.. Nothing about the show is real, it's suppose to be street racing, but they never actually " street race" Its all controlled.

Even worse, this terrible show is going to provoke others to go out and street race, in an uncontrolled environment putting everyone at risk.

There is nothing positive that can be taken away from this show.

11b1776

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Merlin72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's a flame worthy example: So The Kardashians aren't what they seem like on their show? Its all the producers? No, Their exactly what they seem like and act like on the show.

No one forced these guys to do a show or act they way they do. but of coarse everyone is a great guy when you know them personally right? good luck convincing anyone that these guys are anything but db tool bags.

Exactly, none of the racing in the show is real, they wont even show a full run without jumping back and forth between angles/ timing etc. And god forbid one of them be able to drive in a straight line.. Nothing about the show is real, it's suppose to be street racing, but they never actually " street race" Its all controlled.

Even worse, this terrible show is going to provoke others to go out and street race, in an uncontrolled environment putting everyone at risk.

There is nothing positive that can be taken away from this show.

Holy crap you know the Kardashian's ?
If you were at the top of the chain in your Hobby and Discovery channel approached you to do a show you would say no ?

There's 100's of videos on YouTube of there full runs on track and streets if you want to see full runs. That's all editing by the producers not the drivers.
Obviously you've never been around nor driven a car that actually puts down some ponies to the pavement. When your putting down over 1000hp it's hard to keep the rear end hooked on a prepped track let alone a concrete road. If you think they are swerving there cars right to left at over 100mph on purpose your nuts.
There's a hit movie out right now that promotes street racing. Is there a difference between a movie and TV ? Does Red Jacket promote people going out and making full auto weapons ? Does hunny boo boo make you want to make your child obese and model them ?
Man , we all have the right to make our own choices and decisions and if we are not able to do that because of watching a TV show then that person is doomed anyways. Wether they are sharpening a knife and cut there hand off or jump out of a plane with no parachute because Travis Pastrana did it.
Controversy creates hits and if you look around on the web you will see this has created alot of it. Like I said , if you don't like it there's a million other channels of worthless crap you can spend your time watching.
I could care less if you like the show or the cast at all.The show obviously isn't for everyone. All I'm saying is TV is TV. It is entertainment and that is all. Don't forget that all of us on this forum promote gun violence and criminals obtaining weapons easily and mass school shootings in alot of people's eyes.

KenL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly, none of the racing in the show is real, they wont even show a full run without jumping back and forth between angles/ timing etc.

I don't know what qualifies you to state that as fact, but you are 100% incorrect. And they aren't actors who went out looking for a tv show, the show came to them. Also, these "db tool bags" are having a dyno day Saturday to benefit some kids affected by the tornados. You should swing by and volunteer.

MFCEO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Holy crap you know the Kardashian's ?
If you were at the top of the chain in your Hobby and Discovery channel approached you to do a show you would say no ?

There's 100's of videos on YouTube of there full runs on track and streets if you want to see full runs. That's all editing by the producers not the drivers.
Obviously you've never been around nor driven a car that actually puts down some ponies to the pavement. When your putting down over 1000hp it's hard to keep the rear end hooked on a prepped track let alone a concrete road. If you think they are swerving there cars right to left at over 100mph on purpose your nuts.
There's a hit movie out right now that promotes street racing. Is there a difference between a movie and TV ? Does Red Jacket promote people going out and making full auto weapons ? Does hunny boo boo make you want to make your child obese and model them ?
Man , we all have the right to make our own choices and decisions and if we are not able to do that because of watching a TV show then that person is doomed anyways. Wether they are sharpening a knife and cut there hand off or jump out of a plane with no parachute because Travis Pastrana did it.
Controversy creates hits and if you look around on the web you will see this has created alot of it. Like I said , if you don't like it there's a million other channels of worthless crap you can spend your time watching.
I could care less if you like the show or the cast at all.The show obviously isn't for everyone. All I'm saying is TV is TV. It is entertainment and that is all. Don't forget that all of us on this forum promote gun violence and criminals obtaining weapons easily and mass school shootings in alot of people's eyes.

The main key is, None of those shows are based out of OKC.

No I dont have a 1000hp car , but I do have 2 cars that have way more than whats streetable power. And Im decent at getting the power down.

But a good driver is able to control and get down power to the ground for the most part, instead of romping on it. You know your car and what the limits are going to be trying to drive it on the street. Especially since these guys are somewhat considered "pro's" on the street.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
99% of the time they're doing this in industrial complexes and the like, and are usually trailered out there. The likelihood of you seeing one of these cars on the street is almost zero, and the likelihood of you witnessing a race is zero. Hopefull your family isn't playing around warehouses at 3 am.

Now for 20 year old kids racing their Scions down a main street, I agree with your ideals.
That's how you justify it? The likelihood is almost zero. I've actually seen more than one if the cars run. Maybe my mom is a street walker and that is her street. Maybe my granddaughter is a security guard at one of the industrial complexes. Likelihood s and almosts are what get innocent bystanders killed . If they want to race, rent the track. If some nitwit wanted to shoot competition steel in the mall parking lot at 4 am because the likelihood of someone being around was almost zero would that work? Most sports require some self discipline to succeed, that's not real visible here . If you are making your own rules, what happens when someone decides to crash someobe to be first across the finish line. That's almost fair isn't it?

Latest posts

Top Bottom