Street Outlaws OKC on Discovery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know a few of these guys personally. The racing is real. Everything, else, I am not going to comment...

The guy that died a couple weeks ago was not in a wreck or a tornado, I won't comment any further because it is not my place. Let's just say it was pretty sad.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know a few of these guys personally. The racing is real. Everything, else, I am not going to comment...

The guy that died a couple weeks ago was not in a wreck or a tornado, I won't comment any further because it is not my place. Let's just say it was pretty sad.
I didn't catch the show. Was it a guy named Tyler?

MFCEO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a strong racing scene in Oklahoma, but it's more of a fight club type thing. The ones who are in it deep & have been for years do it different than the ricer punks. It's not like racing on busy Memorial on a weekend. Most the races I have seen between the big boys are on isolated roads late at night. No traffic around, only racers. And yes, thousands of dollars changing hands. Street racing will exist as long as cars exist, no one can or will stop it. The differences are between those who do it in empty areas & those who think it's like the movie Tokyo Drift, racing in traffic. Those are the little idiots who crash into innocent people. This show is a joke, but what do you expect no days on TV.

99% of the time they're doing this in industrial complexes and the like, and are usually trailered out there. The likelihood of you seeing one of these cars on the street is almost zero, and the likelihood of you witnessing a race is zero. Hopefull your family isn't playing around warehouses at 3 am.

Now for 20 year old kids racing their Scions down a main street, I agree with your ideals.

Its funny how you associate just imports as the only ones who try and race on a public road.

I bet my little "ricer" mobiles will pull on just about anything anyone on here drives..

But regardless if these guys are real racers etc. this show makes them just look dumb. I doubt it will stay on a whole season..

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its funny how you associate just imports as the only ones who try and race on a public road.

I bet my little "ricer" mobiles will pull on just about anything anyone on here drives..

Oh no, here we go. You know how many times I have heard this, too many. Yes, domestic guys also can be ignorant & race on public roads, I put them in the same category as import boys.

There is a significant difference between adults with nice imports which I'd consider more a "tuner" style than the stick on fan boy ricers. You know exactly who I'm talking about & they make you guys look just as bad a ignorant domestic guys make the rest of us look.

I'd like to know what your running since you feel so confident. (friendly question, don't go getting all personal over it, that is the first sign of a ricer, LOL)

MFCEO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh no, here we go. You know how many times I have heard this, too many. Yes, domestic guys also can be ignorant & race on public roads, I put them in the same category as import boys.

There is a significant difference between adults with nice imports which I'd consider more a "tuner" style than the stick on fan boy ricers. You know exactly who I'm talking about & they make you guys look just as bad a ignorant domestic guys make the rest of us look.

I'd like to know what your running since you feel so confident. (friendly question, don't go getting all personal over it, that is the first sign of a ricer, LOL)

No worries, its an image that will never go away. There are far more ricers out there, than nice correctly done imports.

But I defiantly get more muscle pulling up next to me while im just cruising trying to get me to go than anything else.

I have an 06' M3 HPF Stage 2, and a boosted 06' s2k

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

But regardless if these guys are real racers etc. this show makes them just look dumb. I doubt it will stay on a whole season..

To the first part-yeah right. Let's see some pics first! I'm not doggin' tuners, but I can't tell you how many times I have personally smoked a "sweet ricer" in my old minivan.

For the second part- they have already been signed to a second season by Discovery, so you are wrong there too.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have plenty of respect for imported vehicles. I really like the M3/6 BMWs, Porsches, etc. I don't care for Japanese tuners so much, there are a few respectable ones, like the Supra, GTR, etc. The problem is that every flat-bill douche nozzle with a Vtec Honda thinks he has something special. Makes them all look bad.

MFCEO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To the first part-yeah right. Let's see some pics first! I'm not doggin' tuners, but I can't tell you how many times I have personally smoked a "sweet ricer" in my old minivan.

For the second part- they have already been signed to a second season by Discovery, so you are wrong there too.

I'm not saying ill can kill anything but I do alright. My little 2k lb s2000 puts down a little over 5, so from a roll it can handle itself well.

So they got another season before am episode even aired?

Tyson C.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now for 20 year old kids racing their Scions down a main street, I agree with your ideals.

I'm 35 years old and drive a 10' Scion TC, so i'm good to go!....lol

i just watched the show on discovery channel web site....drama like always...yawn.

growing up through high school (around 97') we use to head out to the local lake road and race, good times good memories. i'm a big fan of Farm Truck, i drove a nice 71' chevy long bed, built up SBC 350, muncie 3 speed, 411 posi.. it surprised a lot of cars in its day....(hopefully here in the near future she is back on the road)

Latest posts

Top Bottom