George Dubya' Bush: Miss Me Yet? Americans are starting to.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pretty scary for Hussein Obama when a survey by Gallup has people starting to miss him.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.co...e-starting-to-remember-bush-fondly/?hpt=hp_t1

if he can just continue to step on the toes of the media and the 1st Amendment, it'll make our job easier on the Second.

We can just point at the media and say, "Hey, they think they're being infringed on also."

Then there's that whole think with the NSA and the Fourth Amendment.

I know..I know...the FBI and the NSA say they don't have time to issue a few million search warrants for all of us on cell phones and the internet, so it's okay.

By the same token, they just may want to do a house to house search of an entire neighborhood, and just not have time to get a few dozen search warrants.

Freedom@AnyCost

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I liked George W. Bush "The Man". I think he was a moral man but not a Terribly intelligent man. Dick Cheney on the other hand, he was a very intelligent man, but a man without the behavioral confines of morality. It is my "Opinion", supported by many editorials and interviews from people in the administration, that George was the curtain and Dick was the man behind the curtain.

After seeing the interview Dick sat down for recently, I have no doubt he would be willing to imprison or even kill a million of "Ours" to enrich one of "His" if he thought he could get away with it (he would meticulously calculate the odds before taking action). That is of course just my opinion based on my interpretation of what I saw during the administration combined with his recent interview.

All of these intrusions of privacy and the whittling away of our freedoms did not start under Obama. They just continue to operate under his administration. He is after all, just another surrogate of "The Party." The infrastructure for all these intrusions were solidly in place, even before the Bush administration. However, the Bush administration, led by Dick, saw to it that the Patriot Act (euphemism for Tyranny Act) was put in place immediately after the 2001 terrorist attacks while emotions were high (same tactic employed after every major shooting). I can only imagine the evil little smirk on his face when they came up with the euphemism "Patriot Act" to describe the biggest single "Act of Tyranny" in American History. Jaws must have dropped all around the room as "Party Leaders" realized the brilliance of the euphemism (George probably wasn't even informed of the meeting, much less "Allowed" in the room"). Americans all around the country would view supporting a bill, outlining the path to Tyranny, as their Patriotic duty; sheer genius. The icing on the cake was the color coded terrorism (generating) scheme. I'm sure someone was handsomely rewarded for that idea. If Terror got below the necessary threshold, just have the media yell "ORANGE!!"

But still, the faithful followers of the right wing of "The Party" continue to blame "Hussein" Obama (see above post) while the faithful followers of the Left wing point to the previous Administration.

The reality, the two wings (of "The Party") just flap and distract while the Bird uses its Beak and talons to rip and tear the Constitution to shreds, completely unnoticed by "We the People" (or should I say, We the Sheople).

WessonOil, you probably think I am being hard on you. Well, I am, but it is nothing personal. You just so happen to be "The One" sticking loudly and solidly to the kind of "Status Quo" thinking I sincerely believe is leading our great country to its premature demise. To be clear, it is not just followers of the right wing or the left wing who are leading us down this path, it is all of "US" who support "The Party" by not actively working to "Break" both its wings, forcing it to release its destructive self interested grip on our great country - by using with our words, our time, our $ and our votes to effect MEANINGFUL change. Let's use our first Amendment protections to rid ourselves of this parasitic cancer while we still can, God forbid the time ever comes our only hope is what little will be left of our Second.

Last edited:

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope, actually, I felt like I was picking on you.

By now, I seriusly doubt anyone is taking the time to read your posts which contain propaganda like catch phrases...it just reads like a Ron Paul book.

Beaks, talons, flapping wings, etc.

The language is akward coming from you...and pretentious.

Freedom@AnyCost

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So your response to a pretty well thought out post laying out a logical indictment of the current political paradigm was:

A. Nobody is taking the time to read what you write (as evidenced by?)
B. You're using "Propaganda catch phrases" (really, which ones?)
C. that "Reads like a Ron Paul book" (as I understand it, he writes a pretty good book so thank you)
D. The language is awkward coming from you (what does that even mean?)
E. And that I am pretentious (at least look up the definition of the word before using it in a personal attack - at least misusing the word didn't make YOU seem pretentious though it may well leave people with other impressions)

Really WessonOil, really?

Logical fallacies incorporated above:

A. Argumentum ad numerum (argument or appeal to numbers). This fallacy is the attempt to prove something by showing how many people think that it's true. But no matter how many people believe something, that doesn't necessarily make it true or right. Example: "At least 70% of all Americans support restrictions on access to abortions." Well, maybe 70% of Americans are wrong!

B, C, D, E: Argumentum ad hominem (argument directed at the person). This is the error of attacking the character or motives of a person who has stated an idea, rather than the idea itself. The most obvious example of this fallacy is when one debater maligns the character of another debater (e.g, "The members of the opposition are a couple of fascists!"), but this is actually not that common. A more typical manifestation of argumentum ad hominem is attacking a source of information -- for example, responding to a quotation from Richard Nixon on the subject of free trade with China by saying, "We all know Nixon was a liar and a cheat, so why should we believe anything he says?" Argumentum ad hominem also occurs when someone's arguments are discounted merely because they stand to benefit from the policy they advocate -- such as Bill Gates arguing against antitrust, rich people arguing for lower taxes, white people arguing against affirmative action, minorities arguing for affirmative action, etc. In all of these cases, the relevant question is not who makes the argument, but whether the argument is valid.

And in almost every reply, and a broad category under which all the above apply, your favorite, The Red Herring: The term red herring is sometimes used loosely to refer to any kind of diversionary tactic, such as presenting relatively unimportant arguments that will use up the other debaters' speaking time and distract them from more important issues.

I would enjoy an intelligent conversation to discuss areas where we disagree and hopefully find common ground on others, but the dodging, evading, personal attacks, vague references to "Something I said elsewhere" and various other diversionary tactics, which seem to make up at least 70% of your responses to well thought out arguments, make having an intelligent discussion with you quite difficult, if not impossible.

Let's stop the toxic stuff and talk like mature adults. If you would like to actually address the substance of what I said in my initial reply instead of just attacking the form, I will be happy to listen and discuss it with you or anyone else for that matter.

Last edited:

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know those summers when you start off with those mid 90s temps and they seem so hot, and then summer rolls along and you end up with a couple of months worth of triple digit weather? Then as summer comes to a close those mid 90s days seem so much more comfortable than they did in early summer. It's like that except hotter.

Latest posts

Top Bottom