David Stanley Chevrolet in Norman: Frustrated/upset after a visit there today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would avoid dealerships.
Research online for cars with highest resale value and reliability.
Buy slightly used from an individual.
Enjoy your long lasting, value holding vehicle that you got a stress free good deal on.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Notice how they KEPT the ad. ??????????????? Nothing fishy here, continue on people.

Like Davs says, contact regional rep, and get a copy of the ad. File complaint with BBB. Dealerships are scum, but some are scummier than others.
Even when buying NEW, research pricing online, go in prepared, you are playing their game on their home field.

DrBaker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was a teenager, I worked for a company that was a vendor of David Stanley. I spent countless hours working on their lot. I can't begin to tell you what terrible things I witnessed.

skatalite

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the responses.

I added this to the original post, but here's a picture of the ad.

i.imgur.com_1cEeAsO.jpg

The car this discussion is about is the one at the top. It shows a stock photo, the year/model, the stock number, the purchase price and, from what I was told, the monthly payment if someone were to lease it.

COZICAN

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fowler Dodge once advertised new Jeeps for $12,999 and showed a whole row of new Wranglers. I called them the next morning and was told that it was a Jeep Patriot for $12,999. The commercial ran for days to come and pissed me off every time I saw it. The commercial showed nothing but Wranglers. Not a Patriot in sight.

Coz

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The best experience I have ever had buying a car was from Smicklas Chevrolet on NW Expway. Went to DS Dodge and will never go back and they do the bait and switch. Smicklas is everything DS isn't.

JSPANIER

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Report the practice to the Oklahoma Attorney general for a little fun. Nothing is likely to happen off of your but if many others do the same it would start some sh@#

daytomann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was a teenager, I worked for a company that was a vendor of David Stanley. I spent countless hours working on their lot. I can't begin to tell you what terrible things I witnessed.

Twice at David Stanley we tried unsuccessfully to trade in a vehicle. We couldn't as we were too far upside down. The salesman suggested that we buy 2 new vehicles from them and let our trade go back to the bank. Lol!!!

I still purchased there because I ended up working them over to my favor in the end with my signing table tactics. There was no way id have done the deals otherwise.

Also I don't particularly blame sales people, it's a job at least. Their role is to show people the vehicles and direct/pressure them inside to work deals. They are just warm bodies with no actual authority. It's the dealerships policies, practices and they way they go to market that's to blame. Its highly competitive and they resort to these tactics to drive people in the doors, some they get to, some they don't.
Just remember, they are the advisary , they are wanting max profit, they are not there to earn your business, if its too good to be true, it probably is, there's no free money, scratch off, coupons, keys and codes are all scams.

Last edited:

orangpowr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have bought one vehicle from a David Stanley dealership and would never do it again. Nor would I ever suggest anyone buying from them. Last car I purchased was from a Pryor dealership. I would ride a donkey to work before I ever step onto one of their lots again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom