David Stanley Chevrolet in Norman: Frustrated/upset after a visit there today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would never buy any Government Motors vehicle. They still owe the taxpayers $20 billion.

How will they pay it back if no one buys a GM product?

For the record I hate the bail out as much as the next guy, but it happened, nothing we can do abut it, and if we ever hope to see it paid back, then folks will need to purchase GM products.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OP, you answered your own question with the words David Stanley

That's one place my shadow will never darken.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know that Lynn Hickey is how Rob learned the trade, right?

About 40 years ago I had to call the cops to get my car back from Lynn Hickey. Went in to look at the car in the ad and his "Valet" parking hid the car and refused to return it until I bought a car.. They lost that one and all possible sales after..

Z71

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd walk before setting foot on a David Stanley lot. Chevy dealer of choice Frontier Chevy. Unless they have changed in recent months. Ford choice Diffee in El Reno.

I've bought GMC, Dodge, and Chevrolet trucks at Diffee/El Reno....one of my favorite dealers.

Something to remember about 'SALE' time at dealerships....you can usually do better when a dealership isn't having a 'sale'...they have to pay for all those balloons and fancy/smancy ribbon-tape plus the advertising....auto prices will be higher(except on the bait and switch cars)

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know that Lynn Hickey is how Rob learned the trade, right?
Yeah, the worst story I've head about David Stanley ain't a stitch on Lynn Hickey's SOP (at least when they had the store on north May in OKC). I knew someone who had to threaten to call the cops to get his keys back, and another friend told them to raise the gate so he could leave or he was going to drive through it and send them the repair bill (I was in the truck when he said it, and he sure as shootin' meant it).

On the good side, I can recommend Reynolds in Norman; I've been dealing with them for decades, and they've always done right by me. Crossroads Chrysler used to be good, too (I bought my Explorer there), but I don't know if the GM who made it a good store is still there.

daytomann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dude car dealerships are scum. "David Stanley leads the way" in scum.
That being said, I've bought 3 cars from them since 2011. The thing with them is that you have to go in knowing they are gonna screw you. The way I handle them is that I get the best deal I can then go through financing , then right before I sign the papers. I pause and say..."this deal isn't going to work. I've changed my mind." So I turn the bait and switch tables on them. They've already got a call on your deal and their money is basically in the bank, they don't want to lose you at that point. THAT'S the point that they will concede and you'll get a super cheap extended warranty and a few or more thousand off the deal. I hate having to do that but if they are not going to play fair, neither am I. I'm not bluffing either, I'll be happy to walk out of financing if they don't deal some more.

You reacted like you should. Of course you got bait and switched. If this was NOT the car in the add, they should have told you from the get go. But they want to sell cars and they want to beat down through the whole process so you'll just relent and do the deal.

I've bought a ton of cars, We go through them more often than most. For years I had a great thing going at Reynolds Ford. We had a very honest sales guy. He was upfront every time. He's tell us if the deal could get done before we ever started a deal. It didn't always result in a sale for him but he still sold us several cars and I sent him a ton of referrals. Unfortunately he retired and I've struggled to find a good place to buy cars.

Some recent dealings include Randall Reed.. They flat out bold faced lied to me in s blatant bait and switch, so bad I filed a complaint with Ford corp and BBB. Also Seth Watley lied out their azz to me. That was so bad we drove all the way to Purcell only to find they couldn't do the deal we were promised. I pitched a fit and made them buy me a tank of gas. Lol

Anyway, car dealerships suck. I wish I wasn't such a new car addict. Buying a good used car from an individual is the "smartest" choice.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom