David Stanley Chevrolet in Norman: Frustrated/upset after a visit there today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to deal with dealership service departments and body shops for a living. I've got plenty of stories about DS Dodge in MWC. It's not so much their service writers, but they have more than their share of shady techs. I've probably met 1 honest tech since I've been going there. And if you take your car there for body work, be ready for your clearcoat to start flaking off or chucks of filler to fall off the sheetmetal. I've personally seen it happen multiple times. They use one of the worst body shops in the metro. And as bad as they are, and they are really bad, I've got 2 specific dealerships that are 10x worse.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We went to the "mile of cars" in Norman one time...and after we made them (Ferguson if I recall right) give me my truck back, we hauled butt away from the place and didn't look back! Bought my truck from McCullough Ford in Sayre, where we lived at the time (2006). Don't plan on going back to OKC ever again for an auto purchase, although none of them are much better than the next I guess.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just a follow up with regards to all the comments here about dealership "tactics."

I've mentioned Diffee Ford in El Reno a number of times here on the OSA forums, and there is a good reason for doing so. Those folks have been nothing but honest with us and our other family members. There was a time that I worked as a car salesman for a few months, and there was one important lesson I learned from that. Car dealerships tend to have a "steady turnover" of car salesmen.

That is NOT true with Diffee. There are salesmen out there that were there when I started trading with them over 15 years ago. They are a family owned business and the "deal-makers" are the owners, not some sales manager that they have hired. Cort and Lane Diffee (they are brothers) operate the El Reno dealership and even their children are working there. Our last salesman (because our long time one retired) was Chandler Diffee.

Good folks out there. Oh, and although they won't tell you at the time, if you buy a vehicle, new or used, they will send home-made cookies to your address. Get service done at the dealership and you get a candy bar. Yeah, they are little things, but when a dealership looks at their customers as "friends," you get good service overall.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I was servicing a large dealership in Pryor last year and was in the Internet dept and overheard one of the sales reps telling a new sales rep that when someone calls and ask about one of their cheap cars that is already sold, that they never tell the caller the car has sold and when they show up, tell them the car was sold after they called and to direct them to a higher priced car. Seemed a little fishy to me.

daytomann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just a follow up with regards to all the comments here about dealership "tactics."

I've mentioned Diffee Ford in El Reno a number of times here on the OSA forums, and there is a good reason for doing so. Those folks have been nothing but honest with us and our other family members. There was a time that I worked as a car salesman for a few months, and there was one important lesson I learned from that. Car dealerships tend to have a "steady turnover" of car salesmen.

That is NOT true with Diffee. There are salesmen out there that were there when I started trading with them over 15 years ago. They are a family owned business and the "deal-makers" are the owners, not some sales manager that they have hired. Cort and Lane Diffee (they are brothers) operate the El Reno dealership and even their children are working there. Our last salesman (because our long time one retired) was Chandler Diffee.

Good folks out there. Oh, and although they won't tell you at the time, if you buy a vehicle, new or used, they will send home-made cookies to your address. Get service done at the dealership and you get a candy bar. Yeah, they are little things, but when a dealership looks at their customers as "friends," you get good service overall.

I may check them out. I'm looking for a new go-to dealership. Like I said, I had close to the same experiences at Reynolds with my old sakes guy over there. It's hard to find.

Droberts

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
david stanley sold me a used jeep with 4 flat tires and didnt say anything about it. they must have been airing them up 5 times a day for test drives.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't believe dealers still try to hold people hostage. Very famous case in 1969 about this. Green, I believe, was the name. But, I don't know if the was the handicapped guy or the dealer name.

okcwizzard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone have any input - good or bad - about Hudiburg's used lots in Midwest city?
The wife has spotted a corolla on the gm lot she wants to go look at.
And want to know if they are to be avoided before we drive in from Weatherford.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone have any input - good or bad - about Hudiburg's used lots in Midwest city?
The wife has spotted a corolla on the gm lot she wants to go look at.
And want to know if they are to be avoided before we drive in from Weatherford.

Call and ask for David "Red" Lippert. I have known him for 18 years and have purchased about 10 cars from him. He worked at Smicklas for a very long time then moved over there several years ago. Tell him his old service buddy Jeremy referred you to him.

Latest posts

Top Bottom