David Stanley Chevrolet in Norman: Frustrated/upset after a visit there today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The last time I went to a David Stanley dealership was the one on 39th and N. May. I was thinking about buying a Ford F150 off of Craigslist and since I had never driven one, I thought before I wasted anyones time, I would waste theirs. After waiting for a price after a test drive, just because I couldn't help myself because I just knew they would give me a rediculous price, they did not disappoint me. I simply said, "No thanks, I'm looking for a truck today and you're wasting my daylight".

fustigate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
- Either David Stanley tried to do the old bait-and-switch, or they have one of the dumbest advertising departments ever.

It could be both, but I'm guessing the former. I've never been to the D.S. lot in Norman, but the one off 240 is full of schmucks, so I'm not surprised they have the same "integrity" at their other locations.

I'd call the BBB.
And
I would call the factory reps

And
Report the practice to the Oklahoma Attorney general for a little fun.

daytomann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone have any input - good or bad - about Hudiburg's used lots in Midwest city?
The wife has spotted a corolla on the gm lot she wants to go look at.
And want to know if they are to be avoided before we drive in from Weatherford.

When it comes to used cars, the deals are alot more cut and dry. They are only worth what they're worth. Theres no rebates or bs offers. You can usually get them down but you never know how much they got in them.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exact same thing happened to me at DS about 5 years ago as happened to the OP.
DS advertised Nitro's at $9999. Bait and switch. Lying sacks of fecal matter.

Wouldn't give me back my keys. Got on my cell phone. Dialed 911 and told them my car was being stolen send the police, quick. Got my keys back.

Now I go to a DS location once a year or so. Act like I'm the biggest sucker on the planet. Get the sales guy's hopes up and am excited right up to the point of signing the contract and giving 'em a check. Then I back out of the deal for no reason and just walk.

Freaking crooked SOB's at David Stanley. They're almost as bad as Lynn Hickey was - anyone remember him?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The hickey dealership on May ave was the biggest scam operation in automobile history, but he sold a lot of cars using those techniques. I'd heard the horror storries, so we parked down the street, and walked onto the lot.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The hickey dealership on May ave was the biggest scam operation in automobile history, but he sold a lot of cars using those techniques. I'd heard the horror storries, so we parked down the street, and walked onto the lot.

He sold tons of cars and was the biggest thief of them all. That place was true scum.

daytomann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Yep when we wanted to look at something on that lot we parked across the street and walked on. We used to call it Hickey Prison. Lol

I remember them calling out on the loud speaker every five minutes or so.... "We just soooold another one!"

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep when we wanted to look at something on that lot we parked across the street and walked on. We used to call it Hickey Prison. Lol

I remember them calling out on the loud speaker every five minutes or so.... "We just soooold another one!"
A source whom I consider reliable told me that they "lost" about 30 cars during one of their "sell 300 cars in December" marathons--they just went out for test drives and didn't come back. I didn't bother checking into it myself, but I sure hope it was true.

That was not long before Hickey swapped dealerships with the Dodge dealership in MWC. As I recall, that dealership (whose name escapes me) got raided by OBNDD and/or the DEA for being part of a smuggling ring...

internetscout

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sell at Bob Moore Cadillac of Edmond if anyone ever needs help with anything. I know most of us sales people are scumbags but I try to change that perception when I meet new people.

daytomann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sell at Bob Moore Cadillac of Edmond if anyone ever needs help with anything. I know most of us sales people are scumbags but I try to change that perception when I meet new people.

I know I've been railing alot on this thread but I'll concede not all dealerships are as bad as the ones who REALY mess it up for the industry and perpetuate the bad image.
I have dealt with BM jeep/dodge in the past. Bought a commander there and have had a few other deals that we couldn't quite make work. I have to say that they were pretty good to deal with compared to some others. One of the better auto chains out there as far as staying out of the constant tricks and gimmicks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom