80% Polymer Lowers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdgabbard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks interesting. I'd be a buyer at $70 a pop, provided others had already ordered and taken delivery. I won't pay $100 for an 80%, when I can buy a actual polymer lower for $100, and an aluminum lower for $140ish.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's what I've seen so far, too - there's no real cost savings. On the other hand there's got to be something about 80% lowers that's made them attractive, whether it's the "did it myself" aspect or the unregistered, unmarked, never seen by an FFL aspect.

And only one of those linked seems to be shipping anyway, when more are the prices may come down a bit - but it's an interesting concept.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's what I've seen so far, too - there's no real cost savings. On the other hand there's got to be something about 80% lowers that's made them attractive, whether it's the "did it myself" aspect or the unregistered, unmarked, never seen by an FFL aspect.

I think you have it right Sanford. These 80% lowers appeal to the DIY guys and to those who want an untraceable gun because they fear the government, cannot legaly own a gun or plan on illegaly making a machinegun out of it.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Finishing an 80% or a 0% doesn't make it legal for a felon to own (but you guys Already know that)

They are very appealing to those that like the DIY aspect. I'm very proud of my machined lowers!

Latest posts

Top Bottom