CNG a win win deal, Rokon another deal that cannot be beat.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently purchased a vehicle brand I never thought i would ever do. I have been a Jeep, Harley Davidson only guy in the past. I bought a Ford Platinum F250 Super Duty that uses Gas and CNG. It gets better gas mileage on CNG, and CNG in Oklahoma is only $78. a gal. This truck drives great, I could not be happier. It pulls my heavy Gun trailer with no problem, and my trailer with with a JD tractor and implements with no problem. It is fast and comfortable. I would recommend keith Wall at Bob Moore Ford, he gave me a deal that could not be beat, and I tried.

I also purchased a Rokon Trail Breaker, all I can say, is do a google search at look for yourself. I have driven up mountains creeks and areas in California that a 4 wheelers could not go.

That is all for now.

Mark

daytomann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's sweet!!!
I can't justify a F250 but I saw a sweet roush supercharged Ford Raptor CNG/gasser at the car show. I could justify that :)
I talked to the company who did the truck and I was impressed. This thing had mega horse power and awesome mpg combined. It was almost too good to be true.

I'm thinking real hard about a CNG option on my next truck.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
hey mark,

If you dont mind me asking.....

What year truck and what engine? do you know who did the conversion? how big is the bottle?

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2013, Engine - 6.2L SOHC 2-valve V8 Flex Fuel engine (F-250)
TorqShift® Heavy-Duty 6-speed SelectShift™ Automatic Transmission
AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control® (RSC) –
4 wheel drive with an 8 foot bed, because I knew that the tank would take up part of it.
This was done by westport for Ford, so it is warranted by Ford, when they built the truck for me they took it off the line had it installed across the street, and put it back on the line to complete the truck. The CNG package was high, but you get part of that back through ONG, and the State of Oklahoma.
I do not normally buy a new vehicle, I stick with older jeeps, but after blowing the 4th engine in my J20, I finally said to my self I could have had a new one a couple of times over for what I have put in the Jeep J20. Love for a vehicle can get out of hand, at least with me it did. And yes I have a new engine in the J20 now, and plan to bring the exterior and interior to new condition, and I will more than likely sell it, as much as I hate to. Love can be an awful unforgiving take take relation when it is with a Jeep J20 truck they do not make any more.

batchman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Again if you don't mind some deets about the Rokon? Year engine approx price I have looked at some but they seem kinda out of my price range? Also I have seen them on Youtube and they pull the animal on a flat sled is that what you did?

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never heard of Rokon until just now. How does your bike steer with that fat front tire? Is it difficult to change direction without leaning into the turn, or even while doing so?

Their claim the bike can be floated on its side across a body of water seems rather outlandish, though. Wouldn't the engine get waterlogged anyway, if water entered the air intake?

Latest posts

Top Bottom