Converting .223 brass to 300 BLK brass???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theswan_33

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm new to this forum so this may not even be the spot for this. I know very little about reloading and I was wanting to know what equipment I would need to convert .223 brass to 300 BLK brass. Again I know nothing about reloading. I was wondering what dies, what they do, just everything in Lehman's terms please. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been looking into this too. I want more info. OAL case length, powder and type loadings, bullet weight. With everything I have, all I'd need is the case cut off, the trimmer and bullets. Then I'd just have to find an upper.

theswan_33

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is really helpful guys. I appreciate it. Now what's the difference in a full length sizing die and a neck sizing die? Why does the mini chop saw not cut it short enough? Why the need for the trimmer? Is all this stuff labeled 300 blackout? Like the dies and trimmer? Sorry for all the questions guys, I wasn't lying when I said I knew nothing about this stuff.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The brass being modified is .223 and being modified to 300 BLK.

The brass will be marked .223.

A full length die will size the full length of the case, the neck sizing die will just size the neck to fit the bullet.

The mini chop saw just cuts the brass down to a rough length, you use the case trimmer to cut the brass to the exact length.

Latest posts

Top Bottom