Converting .223 brass to 300 BLK brass???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't do much building of cases (just some simple case mouth conversions), but it appears that you are getting a wealth of good information.

I noticed that you are new to reloading.

Building the 300 brass is a bit like preparing for the final ascent of Everest without knowing what pitons are.

Not trying to breake your chops here, but please, please do enough reading and study to get the process firmly in mind. Go slow, and if something seems wrong, back up. I am going to guess that you will start with a progressive press, given the caliber you are into. This is another "running start." It can be done, but most folks start with a single stage press to get the basics down. Lyman's 49th? edition (latest anyhow) basic book is a good one.

If you can arrange to visit with someone who is well set up it will steepen your learning curve a lot.

There are numerous basic books on reloading. Your posts indicate that you have the basic mechanical skills to be a competent reloader. They also show the enthusiasm needed to get into this addictive process.

458 SOCOM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't do much building of cases (just some simple case mouth conversions), but it appears that you are getting a wealth of good information. I noticed that you are new to reloading. Building the 300 brass is a bit like preparing for the final ascent of Everest without knowing what pitons are. Not trying to breake your chops here, but please, please do enough reading and study to get the process firmly in mind. Go slow, and if something seems wrong, back up. I am going to guess that you will start with a progressive press, given the caliber you are into. This is another "running start." It can be done, but most folks start with a single stage press to get the basics down. Lyman's 49th? edition (latest anyhow) basic book is a good one. If you can arrange to visit with someone who is well set up it will steepen your learning curve a lot. There are numerous basic books on reloading. Your posts indicate that you have the basic mechanical skills to be a competent reloader. They also show the enthusiasm needed to get into this addictive process.

I'm willing to lend knowledge and practical advice on setups, procedure, or anything else that he has questions about.

After all this hobby is about continuously learning and sharing with others to keep our hobby growing. Or at least that's how I perceive it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom