AR Optics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Optics do you run?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If the reticle on the Eotech is fuzzy, you're using it wrong.
OR you have an Astigmatism! I do, and I can't use them because of it. Eye doctor confirmed.

Right now I can't afford any of the ones in the poll, but I have had EXCELLENT luck with Vortex Strikefire (red/green) and Vortex SPARC.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OR you have an Astigmatism! I do, and I can't use them because of it. Eye doctor confirmed.

Right now I can't afford any of the ones in the poll, but I have had EXCELLENT luck with Vortex Strikefire (red/green) and Vortex SPARC.

So blame the optic for your eye issue? Ooookay....

Seriously, it should only be as fuzzy or blurry as anything else you are looking at and one of the best aspects of a RDS is that you can wear your corrective lenses and shoot both eyes open.

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So blame the optic for your eye issue? Ooookay....

Seriously, it should only be as fuzzy or blurry as anything else you are looking at and one of the best aspects of a RDS is that you can wear your corrective lenses and shoot both eyes open.

I was just stating a fact that an astigmatism can cause it to look that way. I am blaming the eye, not the optic. Chill out!

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the reticle on the Eotech is fuzzy, you're using it wrong.

The point jj is making is that when using a RDS your not supposed to focus on the dot, but on your target. This will mitigate alot of the fuzzy or star like diffusion caused by an astigmatism. I have the same problem in my shooting eye. If you must use a red dot for precision work try flipping up the small aperture on your rear buis and focus through that.
Or, use a red dot that illuminates an etched reticule rather than one which projects the dot onto the glass.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Aimpoint Micro 2MOA for me. Anything you put on an AR will be a compromise on one end of the platform's capability range or the other. Even the new generation wide magnification range combat scopes have drawbacks. They're still not as fast close in as a RDS and they're pretty heavy, which can upset handling characteristics on a lightweight carbine.

It really all depends on what you want to do with it and what 90% of your shots will be like. If they're 200 yards or less, a small MOA RDS will do everything you need.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The point jj is making is that when using a RDS your not supposed to focus on the dot, but on your target. This will mitigate alot of the fuzzy or star like diffusion caused by an astigmatism. I have the same problem in my shooting eye. If you must use a red dot for precision work try flipping up the small aperture on your rear buis and focus through that.
Or, use a red dot that illuminates an etched reticule rather than one which projects the dot onto the glass.

Thank you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom