I understand prison overcrowding and all, but shesh...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The jails are too full of people who need to be protected from putting bad things in their own bodies... there is not enough room for people who actually violate the rights of others to serve their full sentences.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sucks to hear about this. The legal system has its flaws that's for sure. I am actually surprised that you were not informed about a parole hearing to begin with. Generally the victims have the right to be present and voice their opinions.

Looks like the guy will be on probation for a long time though so the chances of them getting busted and going back to serve it all is pretty high IMHO. Stay safe and when they do get busted hope that you can be there at sentencing to put your dime out there.

FakeHuman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only good thing to come of this is that there is court ordered restitution on the order of 15 grand. Don't know if getting a job is a required part of parole or what, never had to deal with something like this before.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The jails are too full of people who need to be protected from putting bad things in their own bodies... there is not enough room for people who actually violate the rights of others to serve their full sentences.

It is impossible to overstress this point. Change is coming, but I expect Oklahoma to wake up several years after my death.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only good thing to come of this is that there is court ordered restitution on the order of 15 grand. Don't know if getting a job is a required part of parole or what, never had to deal with something like this before.

Don't hold your breath, restitution will take forever to pay and if he goes back to prison will virtually stop.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Prison might have gotten him clean, but now its up to him to stay clean. I've seen people go to prison for drug offenses, get clean and stay clean when they got out. They can do it if they stay away from old drug friends and triggers. Granted, they are the rare cases, but it is possible.

If he's an active gang member, pretty good chance he violates his probation ...

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He may be a scumbag, but even a deranged criminal with a mind warped from years of abuse can reason enough to stay away from danger.

Latest posts

Top Bottom