The Boy shooting... special for BB! ;)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
And here he is last weekend at 2A -

Couple things I need to work on with him... the tapping the trigger thing is odd.... I think it's apprehension of recoil, although I even noticed him on the video doing it on the Walther P22. I didn't notice it when we were at the range, but I did when I looked back at the video. Also, letting himself start to learn backwards on each successive shot with the pistol. I preferred the modified Weaver and it feels very comfortable to me. He seems to get it just fine, but he lets himself get pushed more upright with each shot and doesn't get back down into position - hence the need to remind him every 3 or 4 shots to lean into it again.

He's doing great, though, and for being his first time with a pistol I was one proud papa!!!!!

:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That was very cool, I love to see kids getting into shooting. Have you ever noticed whenever some kid get busted for a gun related crime it's never a kid who was raised around guns and was taught gun safety and respect for the gun that was involved? Keep up the good work, you never know, you might have the next world champion right there :)

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:heart::heart::bighug::bighug: Man, way to make a liar of me ... :wink2: You know, no matter how bad things got when I was working at the range, all it took was one dad bringing in his son or daughter to shoot to make it all worthwhile. And on top of that kids follow the safety rules ...

How can such an fuggly old feller have such a beautiful baby?!?!??!!? :anyone:

You know you are in for a world of hurt, right? You and your darlin' ex- are gonna have to take shifts beating the girls back ... :D

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, he is looking good. However, I noticed two things. With the handgun, when he went to adjust his glasses, he forgot to put his trigger finger into the "index" position. Other than that, I'd say he did very well.

Oh, wait.....

......I said two things.

As the videographer on duty at the time of shooting, try to not have the sun behind you. After firing the rifle, he looked towards you, but I couldn't tell if he was smiling or not because his face was "washed out" by the sunlight.

It would have been great to see his smile after shattering that hanging bottle. I feel cheated.

But, keep up the good work. It's much more important for him to enjoy shooting and doing it safely.

(Not really meaning to be critical here, so please take it as mere constructive criticism.)

Latest posts

Top Bottom