More on the FEMA "training"! Region III

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 on the end of the US Gov fiscal year being the reason there's so many references to 1 Oct. it would be easy to grab a bunch of events that seem to have an common interest and references to the date, torque the context a bit and paste together with alarming conclusions. If the writers wanted to be taken seriously, they'd add all of their (Complete) references.

I've deployed on UN jobs while in the Army and can tell you that the non US or Brit led "Forces" are a joke.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
BTW - to put the antibiotics amount in perspective, there are 190 million doses of antibiotics administered daily [I got that number from the main web page on antibiotics resistance of the American College of Physicians (internal Medicine)]. Lets assume that the US uses only approximately a number proportional to our slice of world population - 1/3 of a billion of a 6-7 billion person world, so around 1/20th that 9.5 million doses per day. Costs per dose vary widely depending on the specific antibiotic but it looks like$2.00 per dose for an older one at a government discounted price - that means our 9.5 million daily doses costs $20+ million dollars per day, even at a $1.00/day it is still $9.5 mil per day - so $11 million is a little over one day dosage.

Just food for thought.

Assuming $2.00 per dose may be a bit high or a bit low... without knowing anything about what they are stockpiling for...

The vast majority of ilnesses affecting the general population can be treated with relatively inexpensive antibiotics. The higher-end stuff is more often used on a patient population at high risk for resistant bacteria, such as individuals with chronic health problems who have been in a healthcare facility within the last 90 days.

So there is a WIDE range of number of doses that can be obtained for that $11M. From maybe 30-40 million doses of amoxicillin, Bactrim or Cipro to as little as 1 million doses or less for some of the higher-end oral antibiotics like Avelox or Levaquin.

I think if you're assuming $2.00 per dose for an "older" antibiotic, the .gov is getting screwed. Hardcore.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Assuming $2.00 per dose may be a bit high or a bit low... without knowing anything about what they are stockpiling for...

The vast majority of ilnesses affecting the general population can be treated with relatively inexpensive antibiotics. The higher-end stuff is more often used on a patient population at high risk for resistant bacteria, such as individuals with chronic health problems who have been in a healthcare facility within the last 90 days.

So there is a WIDE range of number of doses that can be obtained for that $11M. From maybe 30-40 million doses of amoxicillin, Bactrim or Cipro to as little as 1 million doses or less for some of the higher-end oral antibiotics like Avelox or Levaquin.

I think if you're assuming $2.00 per dose for an "older" antibiotic, the .gov is getting screwed. Hardcore.

I pulled all of the price guesses from an amalgamation of Physician and AMA sites - so I cannot attest to their accuracy and there was wide variance but even with your assumptions - it isn't a very large supply in the big US picture - that was the point.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
How has no one mentioned Nibiru yet? - are you kidding? Oct 1 is the day the aliens will park their planet in our planets parking space and anal probe all U.S. citizens while Hitler, Elvis and Hoffa redistribute the rest of the worlds 'paper' wealth to keep everyone occupied while they steal all the worlds gold to fund the building of the rest of the underwater City (code-named 'atlantis' go figure) and repatriate the human genome into that of the alien overlords.

How did you all miss THAT?

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is some weird coincidences as far the all the training scheduled around this time, supplies, leave being cancelled, ect..

There has been no cancellation of leave announced - so nothing weird yet on that front. It could happen, but it hasn't happened and there have been no announcements or "heads up" to commanders about such a move

Latest posts

Top Bottom