DC Cops ordered to arrest for empty bullet casings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can anyone cite the actual portions of D.C. municipal code that defines spent ammunition as ammunition and outlaws the carrying of spent ammunition without a firearm present?

Right now this smells like another internet "OH NOES" session based on a crappy book full of misinterpretations.

Last edited:

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've heard Emily on NRANews's Cam & Co. She's a legit journalist (she writes for the Washington Times), not some blogger, and she's been reporting on the subject for some time, so I'm inclined to give her the benefit of the doubt on this one.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe, but unless it's cited in code, not a just "shift briefing" what can they actually charge someone with?

Of course this is D.C....so it wouldn't surprise me if they outlawed ammo components.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is insane...it's like the crazies are running the lunatic asylum. I can only hope our next potus can flush all the bats out of the white house belfry. I just don't understand all this stupidity...an empty brass casing is the same as a live cartridge and carries the same penalties as walking around waving an AK. I guess they'd probably put you away for coming into town with a squirt gun in your car. Our government needs a serious dose of reality.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
District of Columbia Law, DC Code Ann.

Title 6, Chapter 23: Firearms Control, Subchapter 1 - General Provisions, Paragraph 6-2302 (2) has the following definition:
"Ammunition" means cartridge cases, shells, projectiles (including shot), primers, bullets (including restricted pistol bullets), propellant powder, or other devices or materials designed, redesigned, or intended for use in a firearm or destructive device"

So they clearly include pieces/parts under the ammunition definition.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wonder what they would do if a person had photos of spent casings, better yet jewelry made of cases. skip-cufflinks3.jpg

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
District of Columbia Law, DC Code Ann.

Title 6, Chapter 23: Firearms Control, Subchapter 1 - General Provisions, Paragraph 6-2302 (2) has the following definition:
"Ammunition" means cartridge cases, shells, projectiles (including shot), primers, bullets (including restricted pistol bullets), propellant powder, or other devices or materials designed, redesigned, or intended for use in a firearm or destructive device"

So they clearly include pieces/parts under the ammunition definition.

Crazy. I wonder how many people have actually been arrested and charged solely for possessing fired cases.

Latest posts

Top Bottom