What is your dream?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
JB's "Ever Have a Day" thread got me wondering, what the other OSA members want out of life.
It could be having children/grand-kids, buying that car you've always lusted after, buying some land and building a home, or whatever. Have you taken any steps to making it come true?

I'll start
I've always dreamed of converting a fishing trawler into an expeditionary yacht (fancier than it sounds). I'd load up my motorcycle, dog, and provisions, and set sail for parts unknown.

I set up a savings account a few years ago and have been auto depositing a percentage of each paycheck since.
www.boatsvillenetwork.com_boats_184916_main_photo1.jpg

What about Ya'll?

Last edited:

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm still young... My dream is owning a home, never having kids (knock on wood), having a back porch I can shoot/hunt off of, and continuing the love affair I have with my job... The grandeur might come one day, but the economic shenanigans these last five years have really swayed my personal idea of an American dream.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm still young... My dream is owning a home, never having kids (knock on wood), having a back porch I can shoot/hunt off of, and continuing the love affair I have with my job... The grandeur might come one day, but the economic shenanigans these last five years have really swayed my personal idea of an American dream.

Yea, the political/economic situation seems really to discourage saving. That's part of my reasoning for the boat, like you I'm pretty young (27) and I don't foresee this country being able to survive the path it's on. It's kinda my escape plan

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm already living it.

Me, too. :)

I'm married to a man who is conservative enough to realize that he needs to work in order to be able to play, who likes the same ... ahem ... "exotic" places I do :teehee: AND we're old enough all the kids are gone and still young enough to have all our working parts ... well ... working ... for the most part! :D

Now ... If I can just get him retired ... :naughty:

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The dream has started, got 160 acres, house paid for. A few good horses, some cows (need more). A loving wife, great kids and 11 awesome grandkids.
Still to come / working on - quitting the job to do the job I want = ranch = having enough cows to support my lifestyle, fish, hunt, and finish rebuilding Granddad's '58 Ford.

Main dream is surviving this NIGHTMARE of a Presidency and rebuilding this USofA back to where my grandkids can have a dream.

Latest posts

Top Bottom