Does the 10 Commandments monument at the OK capitol benefit or support Christianity?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand your question; are you asking if the presence of the Ten Commandments at the both benefits AND supports Christianity? My answer would be that it obviously supports Christianity as the state religion but it doesn't benefit Christianity because it just validates the notion that political conservatives and theocrats are one in the same.

Cedar Creek

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand your question; are you asking if the presence of the Ten Commandments at the both benefits AND supports Christianity? My answer would be that it obviously supports Christianity as the state religion but it doesn't benefit Christianity because it just validates the notion that political conservatives and theocrats are one in the same.

Cedar Creek

Don't pop LC's last brain cell man.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think most of its supporters intend it as a way of advancing their faith or winning converts... it's just the religious right's way of flexing its muscle, and saying "we run this *****." Hell, most of the evangelicals don't even believe the Ten Commandments are directed at them or are binding on them, since they were part of the old covenant with the ancient Hebrews. The issue is just a convenient rallying point with which to push their broader agenda.

Latest posts

Top Bottom