Does the 10 Commandments monument at the OK capitol benefit or support Christianity?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Atheists shouldn't follow any laws then since all of our laws are based on religious tenants.

I can't speak for any atheist besides myself, but I digress. Just because I don't see the writing in the bible as religious, holy, sacred, ect... Does not mean the all-time bestseller doesn't contain good morals for which our laws have commonality with. Not to mention sound advice for living a life. Atheists aren't anti moral, we're non-religious. And those morals that are so common are just not based in fear of a god/love of a prophet, their based on goodness of the individual. That in no way/shape/form should qualify the sect as murderous anarchists that have zero respect for right and wrong.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You know, life is finite. And the open minded views expressed here will be available to One who is stern, and jealous of loyalty. Rational will not apply there, as it does here. Tear down His Symbol. Go ahead, if you've got the guts. You're not getting out of this in the long run, so just go ahead - desecrate It. Explain to Him that the Monument was mislocated and politcally intolerable. Say it to Him.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You know, life is finite. And the open minded views expressed here will be available to One who is stern, and jealous of loyalty. Rational will not apply there, as it does here. Tear down His Symbol. Go ahead, if you've got the guts. You're not getting out of this in the long run, so just go ahead - desecrate It. Explain to Him that the Monument was mislocated and politcally intolerable. Say it to Him.

Where did you hear life is infinite?

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I can't speak for any atheist besides myself, but I digress. Just because I don't see the writing in the bible as religious, holy, sacred, ect... Does not mean the all-time bestseller doesn't contain good morals for which our laws have commonality with. Not to mention sound advice for living a life. Atheists aren't anti moral, we're non-religious. And those morals that are so common are just not based in fear of a god/love of a prophet, their based on goodness of the individual. That in no way/shape/form should qualify the sect as murderous anarchists that have zero respect for right and wrong.

I for one do not think that atheists are bad people. My dad and two brothers are all atheists and they're ok......well the one brother is a butthole but I digress. They certainly respect right and wrong is my point. The problem I have is that many atheists want to simply sweep away all trapping of Christianity simply because. The same people that demand tolerance often offer none themselves.
To be clear, I am a Christian that has no use for any church. I think most religious entities are scams and I hate evangelism of any kind. My relationship with God is ours alone. I also have no issue with other religions with the possible exception of that one that mostly wants to kill us on principle. My point is that I am very far from being a bible thumper.
I am also definitely not in favor of reverting to a church state in any sense.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You may have anticipated infinite. But I said finite. Heck. I'm not changing anyone's mind. But yall know where I stand. And I aint backin' down off one word what I said.

Sounds good to me and more power to ya, but giving up an old idea when a new one is more present and possible isnt a bad thing. Just because something is old doesnt make it right.
A scientific standpoint is one that is always changing when new evidence presents itself.

Latest posts

Top Bottom