Does the 10 Commandments monument at the OK capitol benefit or support Christianity?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not all Christians believe in pushing their (misunderstood) ideology onto others as if our $#!+ don't stink.

just sayin.

Totally. My apologies if I implied such. It was just a general statement.

In fact, though I'm sure you might already be aware, the guy who spearheaded the push to remove this monument is a minister.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We weren't founded on religious beliefs... We were founded on the freedom to protect the practice of the veritable plethora of religious beliefs or the absence of said beliefs without persecution. We were founded on tolerance and freedoms.

The nation was ant founded on religion, but many of our laws certainly were. The bible was used as a moral compass by our founders. That's all the Ten Commandments are there for, to signify that. Atheists can cry about it all they want but that won't change it. I don't see how acknowledging that, regardless of your religion should be offensive. Nobody is forced to worship here.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The nation was ant founded on religion, but many of our laws certainly were. The bible was used as a moral compass by our founders. That's all the Ten Commandments are there for, to signify that. Atheists can cry about it all they want but that won't change it. I don't see how acknowledging that, regardless of your religion should be offensive. Nobody is forced to worship here.

Didn't say anything of anyone judging/forcing beliefs brother. Just corrected a false statement is all.

saltydog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I agree. I don't go to church but I would take the 10 commandments over the 30 billion laws that this country has in place. And I don't see any anti gun crap in any of the commandments :o)

Latest posts

Top Bottom