Blood sausage ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The wife and I have have seen several shows on the Food Channel where blood sausage has been shown, it looks good and we'd like to try it.

From personal experience is there anywhere in the OKC metro area that has good, fresh blood sausage ?

Last edited:

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder how deep-fried blood pudding would go over at the state fair? Heck, the fair vendors are frying just about anything these days.

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never had blood sausage. Don't know that I want to but my job takes me to China regularly. Over there they serve blood tofu. Nothing more than congealed pig blood...cooked a little. One bite was enough.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can eat about anything..except-blood boudin or blood sausage. I don't know if we're talking about the same blood sausage, but the one I encountered looked horrible.

It was in North Carolina, they took a casing-a pig's intesrine-filled it with blood, made a sausage of some sort and I think boiled it. Some how they solidified the blood into a semi-solid form...no way!!!

I have a nephew in the marines-when he's in I think Laos or Vietnam...somewhere in that area he'll take a shot of ..is it cobra blood...some sort of snake blood in a shot glass....no way!!

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ingrid's Kitchen has it. If you want really fresh, you might check Wheeler's Meat Market. I thought they used to carry it, and maybe they still do.

It's okay to me, seems a bit more bland than regular sausage, but I'm probably just used to the intensity of typical spicy breakfast sausage.

Latest posts

Top Bottom