Krav Maga?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arin Morris

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm looking at maybe starting some classes sometime beginning next year. Does anybody have any experience with the schools that are available? There seems to be about 4 available in the OKC area. I don't want a workout routine. I understand that exercise is going to be a byproduct of the class, but I already have a gym membership and don't want to pay a premium for Tae Bo.

Dojo 3 in Edmond indicates it is a Krav Maga Worldwide affiliate, but I don't see anything on Volney Cothran who is indicated as the Krav Maga instructor on their website.

Pride Martial Arts in Edmond has a Krav Maga class, but I can't find who instructs it and it looks more like a workout routine to lose weight, at least that's how it's advertised on the website.

Titan Martial Arts in Norman with Scott Hewitt indicates he's a Certified Krav Maga instructor under the USKMA.

Victory Martial Arts in Norman with Steve Swinford indicates he's a Certified Krav Maga instructor under Krave Maga Worldwide.

Does anybody have any feedback on any of these schools or can make suggestions of others that I may have missed? Any opinions in Krav Maga in general?

Sam Shoun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For self-defense and better fitness in the OKC/Edmond area, I would be highly interested in the new BJJ school there, United Martial Arts. Befittingly, I believe the BJJ coach there has a pretty extensive Krav background.

www.unitedma.com

english kanigit

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Steve Swinford in Norman used to be with Moore PD and is very knowledgable and passionate about teaching good skillsets. They had a Krav introduction/ work shop a while back that I went to and was very impressed. It wasn't serving 'kool-aid' but functional and integrating it with a gun and knife. I wish I'd had the time to make the classes a regular part of my schedule!

Ek

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On a serious note,

this is what they think Krav Maga should look like:

The reality is more like clueless kick-boxing :sorry1:

Last edited by a moderator:

ryandunphy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I trained at Scott's in Norman but am more of a jiujitsu/Muay Thai guy. This is more or less pure self defense while skipping much is the fundamentals of fighting. Probably work against the average thug but not someone that has really gone in depth in striking and grappling. Want to be bad ass? Take judo one or twice a week as well as boxing. Very affordable to be a legit badass. There's many options but I kind of find the new age mma classes annoying and Douche magnets but so was jiujitsu 15-16 years ago when I started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom