NICS Will Continue to Operate if There Is a Government Shutdown

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m not sure if it’s been covered but just in case anyone is wondering it looks like NICS system will still be running tomorrow.

"NICS Will Continue to Operate if There Is a Government Shutdown

NRA-ILA has received a number of questions on the status of the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) in the case of a government shutdown.

Law enforcement activities are designated as essential services and do not shut down even if the Congress and President fail to agree on funding legislation. The NICS system will continue to operate.

NRA-ILA will keep watch on NICS operations if there is a shutdown to alert our members if there is any impact, such as a slowdown in response times"

http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/a...perate-if-there-is-a-government-shutdown.aspx

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I'm "essential", so I get to come to work without pay. Not only that, but my leave to work the Honored American veteran's Afield event in San Antonio later this month will be cancelled if they haven't resumed normal operations (even though I still won't be getting paid). Oh, and our boss said that calling in sick would result in automatic disciplinary action. Nice... :(

Spata

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I'm "essential", so I get to come to work without pay. Not only that, but my leave to work the Honored American veteran's Afield event in San Antonio later this month will be cancelled if they haven't resumed normal operations (even though I still won't be getting paid). Oh, and our boss said that calling in sick would result in automatic disciplinary action. Nice... :(

Assuming shitdown, will you get back paid for the time you work w/o pay?

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back in 95/96 I was considered essential personnel (1974 thru 2011 career employee) and worked during the shutdown. I was paid for the 21 days. Congress determined that all the people that did not work get paid also. Things change and I have no idea how it is today. GTG hopefully you will get paid.

Latest posts

Top Bottom