Ruger® 10/22® 50th Anniversary Design Contest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
Um, yes please!!!:

http://www.ruger.com/micros/1022_50/index.html

Can everyone agree to specify that the design they enter is chambered in 22 WMR so maybe Ruger will take the hint and start producing them again?:yelclap:

Since it has to be a real customized rifle, instead of a vaporware creation I could dream up, I hope an everyman's Appleseed LTR at an everyman's price wins, instead of some $1,000+ target bench rifle where the only thing Ruger on it is the receiver.

Last edited:

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's the 10/22 LTR I'd like to see win:

Specs:

(Minimum)Factory last shot hold open, factory auto bolt release, factory adjustable trigger, factory optics rail, factory extended magazine release, KIDD bolt buffer, KIDD extractor, KIDD VBlock, TSR200RL tech sights(with TS211/TS155 adjustment tools), sling studs, U.S.G.I. sling(Bison Tactical makes a nice one) with quick detach sling swivels(talons maybe), and 4 BX 1 magazines standard. Probably should be all weather, with a stainless barrel and a synthetic stock, since Appleseeds go on rain or shine.

(Deluxe)Maybe throw in a factory bi-pod, trimag coupler, add a factory threaded barrel/flash suppressor, a lasermax laser, a top mount scout rail(UTG, but redesigned to have an extra anchor point in the rear factory sight dovetail, maybe?) that could incorporate a extended eye relief scout scope or micro red dot that would co-witness with the Tech Sights or even just a traditional eye relief scope with quick release rings for quick transition to iron sights, and a RAR modular LOP/comb style factory stock for the 10/22 with all 4 stock modules.

I'd be cool if the bolt were laser engraved to read 10/22 LTR, too:

http://jwhcustom.com/index.php/

That would make for the ultimate 10/22 LTR, IMHO.

Last edited:

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are some pretty sick builds here:

http://www.majorpandemic.com/2012/07/ultimate-1022-shootout-test.html

For some ungodly reason, I really like the troy/nordic components/tactical solutions frankengun.

I'd like it better as an SBR with a Tactical Innovations CH-22 rear charging receiver, KIDD threaded barrel, and back-up aperture style iron sights that could co-witness with a micro red dot, though.

I wonder if Ruger will accept SBR's or integrally suppressed entries?

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd really like to build a Kidd McMillan Supergrade... But, as I can justify spending on the receiver, barrel, trigger group, ect... I just can't justify that $600 stock on a 22 lmao

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To demonstrate the wide variety of incarnations out there, I'd like to see the best entries from each of the following 10/22 custom genres represented in the top 10 finalists:

Appleseed LTR
Bench/Target
Tactical
Takedown
International/Mannlicher
Bullpup
Clones/Replicas(Gatling, Thompson, M1 Carbine, M1 Garand, MG42, Reising, etc.)
NFA Title II
Scout
10/22 Magnums(Factory/Conversions)

Last edited:

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
An integral take down would be pretty beast. I've got an AWC Ultra ii stainless in a ruger branded factory fajen legacy stock, it's silent with standard ammo. Really good stuff.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
An integral take down would be pretty beast. I've got an AWC Ultra ii stainless in a ruger branded factory fajen legacy stock, it's silent with standard ammo. Really good stuff.

H&H has a takedown front end integral from Thompson Machine. They forgot to send the backend when they shipped it back. Supposed to get a call when it shows so I can get a demo. I'll let you know how it does.

Latest posts

Top Bottom