My insurance got cancelled.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arin Morris

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am on the phone with them. They said that the ACA cut the income levels in half. Whereas before you could make 65k in a family of 5, now you can only make 25K in order to qualify for the Insure Oklahoma program, which is supposed to be for self employed persons. This is such bs.

So, it boils down to... you weren't on the government dole, so therefor... you're required to be on the government dole?

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Or at least qualify for it. On top of all that, the new website really sucks, it freezes up, etc. I called InsureOK, and they said that they don't have the actual income guidelines and that I may actually still qualify but they are cutting everyone off that doesn't meet the new assumed standard and that I can reapply in January. More of the same "we gotta pass it to know what's in it" BS.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Insure Oklahoma was government subsidized healthcare...similar to Medicaid but the income levels were higher and there was shared cost...it was meant to cover more people in Oklahoma who did not qualify for Medicaid (Sooner Care), but could not afford 3rd party insurance such as Blue Cross...There were 2 components to it...one for individuals and once for small business owners who wanted to insure themselves and their employees...If you get "technical" about it...0bama care just hurt you by taking away an entitlement rather than giving one...Many conservatives would actually applaud this. Sry it happened though...he lied to you...

It appears the business plans did not change but the individual plans were cut just like you say...sry that happened to you but I guess you are now eligible to get on the exchange and get a plan with a tax credit? "IF" you can even get the website to load LOL.

Last edited:

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is becoming a common theme with the ACA. As many people that are being pissed off, it should make it impossible for the democrats to win a election for some time. If the dems don't get their ass kicked next go around, there will have to be Saddam Hussein levels of election fraud.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Joined that chamber's 'group' BCBSOK health insurance plan. Instead of a crappy, costly individual plan, it is a slightly less crappy and less costly group plan. If you or family have a pre-existing condition, this is the only way to go.

That really depends on a lot of variables...

My BCBSOK individual plan (with pre-existing, but well-managed, condition) has always been less costly than the Chamber Blue and Insure Oklahoma plans (though I've never met the eligibility requirements for Insure Oklahoma).

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh boy, now in order to get health insurance, the .gov is going to run a background check, credit check, run my IRS files and any and all other .gov info they have on me. I am thinking I will just continue to not have insurance like I have for so long.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh boy, now in order to get health insurance, the .gov is going to run a background check, credit check, run my IRS files and any and all other .gov info they have on me. I am thinking I will just continue to not have insurance like I have for so long.

The problem is, the same people who want you to buy insurance are the same ones who are poisoning your food and water in a soft-kill operation to weaken you over 30yrs and make a profit off of you as they keep you sick, tired and/or obese so you can't be self-sufficient and grow to need them (the gov). You my friend are a head of cattle to them. Join the Liberty movement and reject their forced medication such as fluoride in your water, aspartame, GMO crops, etc...The Nation of Israel recently banned fluoride after they concluded that it is harmful to humans and is a form of "forced medication"...HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM I wonder if they discovered that Adolf Hitler put fluoride in the water of the Jewish prison camps during WWII???

And my friends, they are lobbying here in America to put statin drugs and lithium in the water next!

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder if they discovered that Adolf Hitler put fluoride in the water of the Jewish prison camps during WWII???

!

I knew that Hitler used subtle weapons like bullets, cyanide, and starvation to kill the Jewish people, but now you're telling me fluoridated water? That's the first I've heard about that. Sweet Jesus, I guess Hitler really was a monster.

Latest posts

Top Bottom