Guthrie shenanigans??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Classic okies....:screwy:

GUTHRIE, Okla. -A Guthrie police lieutenant, who is accused of having his wife’s ex-husband thrown in jail, is on paid leave, officials said.

Kyle White said Lt. Mark Bruning was providing security at a Mumford and Sons concert in September when the two had a run-in. White was arrested at the concert after Bruning told officers to arrest him, said White, who is the ex-husband of Bruning’s wife.

“They targeted me out of 43,000 people (and) I get arrested?” White said. “We get close to him and he’s yelling, cussing, profane language saying we couldn't go that way.”

As White walked away Bruning told officers he was drunk, White said.

“Eight hours and it was pretty terrible,” White said of his time in jail.

He was released the next day and charges against him were dropped. White and his attorney, Eric Cotton, are going after the city.

“They are supposed to protect the rights of citizens and this officer thinks he can do whatever he wants,” White said.

In a letter to the city, White demanded $125,000 in compensation.

Guthrie officials and the police chief said they could not comment on the case.

SOURCE

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd bet my paycheck that he doesn't get fired or if he does he goes to arbitration and is reinstated.

I say that depends a lot on how much trouble he's been in the past ... Jack Jencks got the boot recently ... I'm real interested in how that plays out. You gotta really be on somebody's last nerve to have been fired, especially when they could have "let" you resign and take your pension and go home ...

Honestly, I'd like to see departments play hard ball more often, especially when there is GROSS misconduct involved. You wanna be a cop, be a cop. You wanna be a thug, be a thug. But you shouldn't get to be a thug cop and retire out in 20 with a pension ... At least that's my feeling about it anyway ...

Latest posts

Top Bottom