Camera at public land?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spooncg33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anyone ever put a camera on public land? I know you are pretty much asking for it to get stolen, especially if its on a trail, or you put corn (which I think is illegal now) out to grab the attention of the deer, but also other hunters. I used to hunt Thunderbird every year up until recently, but would really love to put a camera out where I have seen deer in the past. Anyone done this with success at Thunderbird, Ft. Cobb, or any public land, and if you did, did it help you harvest a deer?

Thanks

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I refuse to put a camera on public land even with a security box. Even if they can't take it the first time they see it, they will come back with tools. i don't trust anyone on public land.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Buddy has put one out with the security box. So far, it hasn't been disturbed, but who knows. Most of the cables could be easily cut with a rifle or pistol shot.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
put it up high and point it towards ground not as good pics using this method but people will not see it most of the time you have to be able to climb a tree though.and get some molassa that humans eat not the cattle kind and pour where you want the deer to be to take a pic the srong smell of that stuff deer will come to check it out.and cheap camera is all I would put out

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have and still do A lot. Never had trouble(knock on wood). I don't ever have one out before and during Muzzy and rifle season. Usually take them down the first week of archery and quail as well. I have lost stands but never cameras.

Cameras in the pre season help me narrow down where I want to focus more with scouting going in to the season.

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
put it up high and point it towards ground not as good pics using this method but people will not see it most of the time you have to be able to climb a tree though.and get some molassa that humans eat not the cattle kind and pour where you want the deer to be to take a pic the srong smell of that stuff deer will come to check it out.and cheap camera is all I would put out

This is not legal on public land

Latest posts

Top Bottom