The Ruger® SR-762™

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is just an possible observation on my part but maybe they put the cheaper buttstock on because quite a few shooters customize their modern sporting rifles with the buttstock that they prefer. By putting on an economy stock going out the door, they keep the initial price lower so that the tranistion to the optional stock won't be as costly. Look at all the aftermarket components for the 10/22. A lot of people buy the stock/out the door 10/22 and then proceed to sell the factory barrel, factory trigger group, factory stock, etc. on the internet. They then take that money and proceed to heavily customize the receiver with custom aftermarket stocks, custom bull barrels, custom trigger groups, custom sights/scopes, etc. that they want on THEIR CUSTOMIZED 10/22.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is just an possible observation on my part but maybe they put the cheaper buttstock on because quite a few shooters customize their modern sporting rifles with the buttstock that they prefer. By putting on an economy stock going out the door, they keep the initial price lower so that the tranistion to the optional stock won't be as costly. Look at all the aftermarket components for the 10/22. A lot of people buy the stock/out the door 10/22 and then proceed to sell the factory barrel, factory trigger group, factory stock, etc. on the internet. They then take that money and proceed to heavily customize the receiver with custom aftermarket stocks, custom bull barrels, custom trigger groups, custom sights/scopes, etc. that they want on THEIR CUSTOMIZED 10/22.

Well, $2100 I don't want to pay another couple hundred for another stock. I like the rifle and the looks, but IMO the stock DETRACTS from the Look they are trying to go for at that price. Just my opinion, an observation, if you will.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have seen several reviews of modern sporting rifles that have 6lb. to 7lb.+ triggers. Plus several several of the striker fire pistols that are also in that range. And usually after firing 200 rounds or so, the triggers smooth up and are not that bad. We live in a litigious/litigating society that is infested with money hungery/get rich quick lawyers. Companies(especially firearm companies) have to cover tails and lawyer proof themselves from people that don't know the difference between the butt/muzzle, semi-auto/full-auto and keeping their cotton picking finger off of the trigger until they are ready to fire. That is the reason that there are after market target triggers available for those who KNOW HOW TO USE THEM PROPERLY/SAFELY. Then if the person kills someone with the weapon, the monkey is on their back and not the manufacturer's back.

Peace_Maker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm guessing the street price will be around 1700 or Sig's 716 will destroy it. Still personally I'd rather have a Sig or one of the medium grade D/I rifles for $300-$400 less.

Latest posts

Top Bottom