Sooner State Pawn Best Choice Preps The MIGHTY PEN Co 2A Shooting Center Fat Boy Tactical Badshot Gun Show Mark's Firearms

Thread: Sig P-227

Default Sig P-227

Has anyone checked one out yet? The new 45 ACP Sig with the 10 + 1 capacity that has the same grips size as the P-226.

“Neither cold, nor darkness will deter good people from hastening to the dreadful place to quench the flame. They do it not for the sake of reward or fame; but they have a reward in themselves, and they love one another.”
    Benjamin Franklin

My Feedback

Default Re: Sig P-227

It's at the top of my "to buy" list, but I haven't handled one yet. The 14-round magazine made me reconsider getting a FNX-45, so I'm holding out for the Sig. Nutnfancy did a pretty good review here a while back.
    "It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own interest." ---Adam Smith

"Ya don't weigh in, ya don't wrassle" --- Mac

"We sometimes forget the power of "NO.". "NO." has unique properties. It doesn't invite further discussion. It doesn't respond well to queries or parsing language. It is what it is, a powerful, simple statement of fact. There is no "why?", there is simply "NO"." --- Glocktogo

I just can't believe it took them 20 years to put a .45acp in the P226 size double stack frame.

From the photos, the 227 looks like my 229 with the ergo grip. My 226 MK25 has the regular style grip. I can't wait to actually hold one. I'm definitely planning to buy the 227.

Never heard of one til now.

Fondled Handled one a few weeks ago at the Wichita Falls gun show. As you'd guess, very similar to the P226 in almost every way you can tell without actually shooting it. Probably would've gone through the hoops for an out-of-state purchase if it had been the SAS.
    .30-06 ... it's what every .308 wants to be when it grows up.
    "Upon seeing the shadow of a pigeon, one must resist the urge to look up."
    "Getting old is not for sissies."

I shot one recently. It belonged to the Sig factory rep.

I want one. I will have one. Right now they are scarce.

It shot like a dream.

Just read where the Indiana State Police have announced that they are adopting the SIG Sauer P227 full-size .45 ACP handgun for service. Sweeet!

“I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”
    - J.R.R. Tolkien

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
    - C.S. Lewis

“You don’t have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them.”
    - Ray Bradbury

I saw one recently on Gunsamerica. It was close to $900.00.

“Neither cold, nor darkness will deter good people from hastening to the dreadful place to quench the flame. They do it not for the sake of reward or fame; but they have a reward in themselves, and they love one another.”
    Benjamin Franklin

My Feedback

Patron

I've never shot one. Never seen one in person. But I will pick one up when they are available.

P220/P226 are simply fantastic pistols, so I can't I can't imagine the P227 being anything less.
    Christianity isn't true because it works. Christianity works because it's true.