Oakland Raiders moving to Oklahoma City?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
People seem to think OKC doesn't have the numbers but I have always wondered, people geek out over the NCAA football played in this state and I think those fans would jump at the opportunity to rally behind a pro team. Only question I have would have would be if there are enough deep pockets willing to spring for the corporate seats.

Thunder basket ball.

Most said it can't get the fan base. Well, we know now that's BS

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OKC metro population is larger than New Orleans. OKC would be on the small end, but not the smallest.

Greater than New Orleans proper, but not larger than the greater metropolitan area which is where the large fan base id drawn from.

370k for NOLA 600K for OKC but the NOLA greater metro is 1.25 million OKC metro is 1.3 million but spread over a much larger land area 6K square miles vs. 3k square miles for Just NOLA, Kenner and Metarie. They don't even count the smaller communities. They also have a well established transit system, which makes getting too and from the Dome and games much easier.

saltydecimator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmm, aren't the raiders known for killin people in the stands ? I say no thsnks. I side with the "it's a scam" guy

Maybe a brand new team could fit, but I don't want no ex baby daddy drama

And while we talki. Pro sports, why can't they call the ford enter "thunder dome"?! I'm sure they could license it from whoever. Call it the thunder dome and then say brought to you by chesepeake or whatev

Latest posts

Top Bottom