Photo in hunting magazine gets Oklahoma City man convicted

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A two-page spread in a popular deer hunting magazine that included trophy photographs of whitetail bucks has landed an Oklahoma City man in trouble with the law.

Federal prosecutors announced Wednesday that 26-year-old Kyle McCormack of Oklahoma City has been sentenced to a year of probation and will pay $3,000 after his conviction for illegally transporting wildlife in interstate commerce.

U.S. Attorney Sanford Coats says a two-page article in the July 2012 edition of Buckmasters Magazine credited to McCormack led to a tip that prompted federal and state officials to investigate. They determined the wildlife was illegally killed in Washington and transported to Oklahoma.

A telephone message left with McCormack's attorney wasn't immediately returned.

McCormack was charged earlier this month, and he pleaded guilty to two counts.

http://newsok.com/photo-in-hunting-magazine-gets-oklahoma-city-man-convicted/article/3899151

Editted to add another link: http://www.news9.com/story/23831136/photo-in-hunting-magazine-gets-okc-man-convicted

Last edited:

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would like to know more, but haven't been able to find any other stories. Anyone else have additional info on this?

Just google his name, you can find various forums mentioning him. Apparently this is not the first time he has been suspect. Last year there were some questions regarding his Kansas hunt(s). Sounds like a jackass.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can't find much more info on the magazine Article. Other places mention him living in oklahoma, buying a resident KS tag and killing two bucks in KS in the same year (they have a one buck limit).
But he also claims one was killed in OK right by the state like, they just call it KS. Which we hunt in the state line and my buddy always tells people we are going up to Kansas when we to there so that doesn't sound to far fetched.
As for the resident tag. I do the same, I lived in Independence KS with a buddy for 2 years. I got my lifetime while I was there and now can still by tags in Ks as a resident for the rest of my life. Just like any of us ok lifetimes holders if we move out of state.
As for his transporting a deer across state lines, I'd like to know more about that one.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reminds me of a news story my mother told me about last week (or maybe the week before). Seems a couple of geniuses went to a park and knocked over a big rock that looked like a mushroom, then posted the video of it on Facebook. Turns out that it was a National Landmark, or maybe it was in a National Park, so they're now in hot water with the Feds--plus, one of them was involved in litigation wherein he'd claimed that he was permanently unable to work because of a back injury. Apparently, the lady he was suing saw the video of him pushing the rock over, then dancing around like an idiot...

Stupid is as stupid does, I guess.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reminds me of a news story my mother told me about last week (or maybe the week before). Seems a couple of geniuses went to a park and knocked over a big rock that looked like a mushroom, then posted the video of it on Facebook. Turns out that it was a National Landmark, or maybe it was in a National Park, so they're now in hot water with the Feds--plus, one of them was involved in litigation wherein he'd claimed that he was permanently unable to work because of a back injury. Apparently, the lady he was suing saw the video of him pushing the rock over, then dancing around like an idiot...

Stupid is as stupid does, I guess.

Story - they have been stripped of their boy scout leadership, not sure if felony charges have been filed for disturbing the national park.

Latest posts

Top Bottom