CannonBall Run 2013....New Record!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RKM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Atlanta Lamborghini dealer Ed Bolian used a souped up a 2004 Mercedes to speed into the record books October 20
Midtown Manhattan to Redondo Beach: Bolian and two friends took the classic route first taken in the Cannonball Baker Sea-To-Shining Sea Memorial Trophy Dash of the 1970s
Bolian's time of 28 hours 50 minutes beats the previous record set by Alex Roy in 2006 when he made the trip in 31 hours 4 minutes by over two hours
With a distance of 2,813.7 miles, Bolian and his two-man team did the Cannonball Run at an average of 98 miles per hour

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-spent-months-fitting-gadgets-eye-police.html

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The Cannon Ball Run cannot happen without Jack Elam's presence.
i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_elam_zpsfd102522.jpg

B Gordon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder if his admission is admissible in court?

Next week we will probably hear that there is a multi-state task force of 20 officers investigating this blatant disregard for the posted speed limits and a million dollars has been earmarked for the investigation.
(Is my sarcasm too blatant??)

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read an article about this as well. Most people who have set the records before have waited to announce it until the statute of limitations on all the laws broken was up.

Ed's response was "While they could try and press charges, it would be very hard for them to prove I broke any one law in any one jurisdiction".

He had a GPS company plot his location every minute of the whole trip so he knows exactly where he was when (for proof he did what he claimed) but he never released the name of the company he used.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read an article about this as well. Most people who have set the records before have waited to announce it until the statute of limitations on all the laws broken was up.

Ed's response was "While they could try and press charges, it would be very hard for them to prove I broke any one law in any one jurisdiction".

He had a GPS company plot his location every minute of the whole trip so he knows exactly where he was when (for proof he did what he claimed) but he never released the name of the company he used.

I was just reading this the other day as well. I thought he released the name to the previous record holders (and the data) but just not to the public.

Latest posts

Top Bottom