Knockout, new "game" being "played" by today's youth.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
What happenend to the good old days when affluent white youths roamed the streets with pints of Ronson [TM] setting bums on fire? They didn't care about the race of the homeless. Race had nothing to do with it. They didn't care if you were a Laplander or an Eskimo. They were just tryin to have them some fun.

FUZZ. Starred Raquel Welch, Yul Brynner and Burt Reynolds. White youth were setting skid row bums on fire with lighter fluid. Burt Reynolds was undercover, disguised as a miscreant, and got his ass lit up too!

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What the hell are you talking about? Midtown is "vacated" because people keep getting knocked out at random here?

Why was no giant suburban strip shopping center with acres of box stores and parking lots built in a decades old, established, urban, largely residential area? Gee willikers, I dunno.

Midtown is vacated because there are a large number of thugs roaming about, and the malls and stores became unsafe, and at best, unpleasant.

There are plenty of places in Tulsa for more stores/theaters, etc...space is not the issue. "Teens" are the issue. Unsupervised, uneducated, aimless, youth.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Midtown is vacated because there are a large number of thugs roaming about, and the malls and stores became unsafe, and at best, unpleasant.

There are plenty of places in Tulsa for more stores/theaters, etc...space is not the issue. "Teens" are the issue. Unsupervised, uneducated, aimless, youth.

What color of paint chip was your favorite flavor as a child?

As a midtown homeowner, and knowing quite a few others (and landlords and renters), as well as being friends with a real estate agent here - I really like your definition of "vacant". The sale price history on homes in my area has increased more than most Tulsa neighborhoods in recent years. Trulia is your friend. There have been 3 houses sell on my street in the past year...all had the sign up for about two weeks at most. I could sell my house in a week or less for quite a bit more than I paid for it a year ago with no doubt in my mind. I was fighting 3 people for it at asking price over the 3 days it had an MLS. I sold my last house in 2 weeks for almost $30,000 more than I paid 3.5 years prior. I'm not one to own real estate that won't move.

Teens? Thugs? Can you backup any of this? Putting ******** in type does not make it carry more weight. I'll be sure to tell all the elderly women and cute female joggers that use the sidewalk in my neighborhood to steer clear of the Thug Herds at Utica Square. Oh, and my teenage nieces that live 3 blocks away and are outside every day. Give me a fawking break. Might want to learn your Tulsa socioeconomic history and demographics before you spout off nonsense about why neighborhoods/business districts rise and fall. Or at least learn which ones *are* rising and falling.

From now on, don't open your microwave before the ding.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What color of paint chip was your favorite flavor as a child?

As a midtown homeowner, and knowing quite a few others (and landlords and renters), as well as being friends with a real estate agent here - I really like your definition of "vacant". The sale price history on homes in my area has increased more than most Tulsa neighborhoods in recent years. Trulia is your friend. There have been 3 houses sell on my street in the past year...all had the sign up for about two weeks at most. I could sell my house in a week or less for quite a bit more than I paid for it a year ago with no doubt in my mind. I was fighting 3 people for it at asking price over the 3 days it had an MLS. I sold my last house in 2 weeks for almost $30,000 more than I paid 3.5 years prior. I'm not one to own real estate that won't move.

Teens? Thugs? Can you backup any of this? Putting ******** in type does not make it carry more weight. I'll be sure to tell all the elderly women and cute female joggers that use the sidewalk in my neighborhood to steer clear of the Thug Herds at Utica Square. Oh, and my teenage nieces that live 3 blocks away and are outside every day. Give me a fawking break. Might want to learn your Tulsa socioeconomic history and demographics before you spout off nonsense about why neighborhoods/business districts rise and fall.

From now on, don't open your microwave before the ding.

I apologize. My post was full of inaccuracies, perhaps my meds were getting the best of me. Must be those soaring mid-town land values that keep driving all the new homes and businesses out.
Next time I begin to form a thought about Tulsa demographics, or socioeconomic history, I'll consult with you or another expert. My few years around the Tulsa area, and obvious lack of knowledge surely must be glaring to a wealth of information as yourself. For the record, though - it wasn't Utica Square I had in mind.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Alright.

I apologize for being snippy. All these teen thugs have me on edge. But at least look up crime rates by neighborhood if you want to talk crime.

Utica Square is well within Midtown.

Latest posts

Top Bottom