Sparrow Hawk!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, went out to see if the Saturday paper was in the yard and spied one of these little trickster enjoying a fresh(still alive) breakfast. Couldn't get into the house to get the camera or phone..so I stood their watching him or her enjoying their meal. It was really neat to see this in my front yard...wish I could have seen it catch it...either in flight or on the ground.

Slowly pulling out the feathers and eating bits and pieces before it realized I was standing there..10 yards away...before it flew off with it's prize possession!!

I'm sure my neighbors are discussing the "neighbor"-me, standing in the freezing cold, in my pajamas and robe, bear footed watching something in my flower garden at 9:00 a.m....there's that crazy,ding-dang, hillbilly neighbor again.

Wish I could have video taped this for the science/ecology/ornithology folks here on OSA...but this picture will have to do. Same as this picture...but freezing cold with ice on the ground.

Sparrow Hawk:
upload.wikimedia.org_wikipedia_commons_a_a0_Sparrowhawk_Male.JPG

Causality

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Watched one go after a meal in the shrubs out front of the house...pursued it's meal relentlessly until it finally caught it. Left nothing but a pile of feathers when he/she finally left for parts unknown. Raw and uncensored nature at it's best!

Latest posts

Top Bottom