A Marlin 25 resurrected.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtnboomer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Midwest City (usually)/Eufaula (when possible)
.........as a Glenfield 20! Here are some pictures of a Marlin 25 that I was given a few years ago. It was a total basket case. There was hardly and blueing on the metal, there was rust pits starting, the barrel had wear marks that looked like metal had been ground off at the muzzle, the bore looked like the inside of a Paris sewer pipe and the stock was so dried out and dinged up, I didn't know if I could save it. Thanks to Numrich Gun Parts I got a new, blued Glenfield 20 barrel. After soaking the receiver, bolt and fire control parts in Evapo-Rust I ended up with a pretty decent action to build on. The stock was another matter! I didn't want to spend $70 for a new stock from Numrich so I started experimenting with coatings as staining was out of the question. After a huge anount of sanding, filling the grain separations with wood putty, spraying with Kilz, more sanding and more Kilz the stock was ready for a coating. I settled on Rust-Oleum MultiColor Texture paint in a medium brown color. It has enough texture to get a good grip on the stock, but smooth enough not to rub your cheek raw. I also free-floated the barrel and did a minor bedding job on the action. It now wears a Barska 4x32 scope and it shoots as good as it looks!

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very good looking rifle, and great job on the restoration. I have a Glenfield Model 15 (the single shot version) that is a very accurate rifle for such an inexpensive piece. Seeing how well yours turned out makes me want to freshen mine up a little. Thanks for posting!

Latest posts

Top Bottom