The Mossberg 715P Duck Commander Pistol?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
Mossberg does have a history of interesting, yet poorly executed ideas when it comes to their commercial rifle production as opposed to their great reputation when it comes to producing shotguns. I guess I am skeptically curious about the "Duck Commander" 715P.

The $447 MSRP seems excessive and a bit absurd for something that is essentially just a range/plinking toy to burn cheap(used to be, at least) ammo through. They could have at least put a Bushnell Red Dot on it at that price. Drop that MSRP down by at least $100.00 and this might be worthwhile, otherwise I think I'll pass.

It really is a shame that S&W stopped making the 15-22P. The 15-22P has a reputation of being a high quality, accurate option for a rimfire range toy pistol.

Insidious Calvin

New to the site!
Reaction score
I have a 715T that my buddy gave me. He wasn't a big gun guy but was really interested in my collection of my 5.56 AR's. So one day he calls he said
"I bought me an AR"! He was so proud of that gun, so the day he came over to "Show me his new AR". I It was all I could do to say "That's a nice little AR-22". Which I don't consider them an AR in any fashion, but he was proud. We took it out shooting a couple times and it was a totally unreliable POS. You could tell he was disappointed. It sat in his safe for almost 2 years because of it being very unaccurate, & it jammed every other round, literally. He passed away a couple years ago and that's how it came into my possession.
I was walking down memory lane, and I pulled it out of my safe. Took it out shooting and it still sucked as bad as I remembered. But I was determined to keep his memory and that gun alive. I finally I did some homework on it, got it out, stripped it down, & made some adjustments , now it's one of the best little 22lr's I've ever owned. Very reliable. I think of my buddy everytime I shoot it. I just don't think Mossburg does any quality control before these leave the factory. I've never seen one that didn't need adjustment & some work before they'll function reliably & properly. Which makes a majority of people (rightly so) think they are just a cheap POS.
But if you take the time to make adjustments & zero them in, they are a fun little gun to go planking with. Especially for the kids, they feel like they're shooting a real AR, but it's a hell of a lot cheaper.

Latest posts

Top Bottom