Is it wrong to turn people away from Rijas?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cookymonstir

Marksman
Reaction score
The last few gun shows I have attended, people with I am assuming no firearms knowledge fall for this guys BS. Is it wrong to walk up to them and turn them away? For instance, a husband and wife were looking for an AR to buy, he spewed all his typical BS, and the couple bought it. The same AR could be found all over other dealers tables for about $300.00 less. A guy walking by that was listening in told the couple the same thing, then as usual the rijas douchetard spouted off about his "custom rifles" bs. I just want to laugh and troll his table at any gunshow I see him at. It is one thing to make a living, it is another to knowingly rip-off patrons.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I wouldn't unless it was someone I knew or if the customer asks me for advice. As much as I dislike a business or business owner I won't try to interfer with their business. I view it the same as standing outside their shop and trying to turn customers away.

Not to say I won't post an online review or opinion.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn't unless it was someone I knew or if the customer asks me for advice. As much as I dislike a business or business owner I won't try to interfer with their business. I view it the same as standing outside their shop and trying to turn customers away.

Not to say I won't post an online review or opinion.

I won't go out of my way to discourage people, but at the same time, I feel bad letting someone decieve people with obviously predatory tactics.

It's a fine line, but I usually just chuckle as I walk by their table. I go to so few gunshows these days, anyways... there's little opportunity as it is.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To paraphrase P.T. Barnum, there's one born every minute. Rijas pays his money for a booth and plies his wares. It's up to the buyer to do their research. I won't even get within 20ft of their booth, for fear I might get infected with the crazy. :(

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The last few gun shows I have attended, people with I am assuming no firearms knowledge fall for this guys BS. Is it wrong to walk up to them and turn them away? For instance, a husband and wife were looking for an AR to buy, he spewed all his typical BS, and the couple bought it. The same AR could be found all over other dealers tables for about $300.00 less. A guy walking by that was listening in told the couple the same thing, then as usual the rijas douchetard spouted off about his "custom rifles" bs. I just want to laugh and troll his table at any gunshow I see him at. It is one thing to make a living, it is another to knowingly rip-off patrons.

I'm curious ... Do you own any Rijas stuff??

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK. Like I said, just curious. I have my own personal gunsmith so I'll most likely never own any of their stuff either. But then again, I'm not gonna hang out at their table at gun shows either. I'm pretty much in line with GTG's thoughts here ...

JaredC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im with you. That guy is a douche. I got into it with him at a show. He started spouting off about how the general public isn't qualified to build their own ARs and that we were all a safety hazard. Said it takes years of training and one of us was going to kill someone. So I asked him if it should be against the law for me to change my own brake pads too since Im not a mechanic and he just glared at me.

But unless I was asked by a customer I would keep my mouth shut probably. The only exception would be if he was either blatantly lying or completely ripping someone off who absolutely didn't know better. But just charging them too much for a "custom" AR doesn't qualify as that in my opinion.

Latest posts

Top Bottom