Remington R-51

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

easy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ohh and it is dying for a set of wood panels. This feature is something that majority of the other carry pistols dont have.
problem already addressed by Remington...
R51 ROSEWOOD GRIP PANELS REPLACEABLE CHECKERED ROSEWOOD GRIP PANELS FOR MODEL R51 PISTOL ROSEWOOD $29.95

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, it has a grip safety.

BTW - the model 51 does not have a great trigger, does not stay open on the last round fired, has a magazine disconnect and is rather a PITA to field strip. The slide has to be removed with the hammer cocked while pulling on the bore end of the barrel.

So I hope the R-51 gets rid of some of this.

Since you actually have one of the originals, how easy do you think it would be to limp wrist? I saw somewhere on the web that the recoil spring isn't as bad as one would think, but you know what that's worth. I ask because my tiny daughter can actually limp wrist her M&P9 into not resetting the trigger and has trouble chambering a round. She can do it, but it's a struggle.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since you actually have one of the originals, how easy do you think it would be to limp wrist? I saw somewhere on the web that the recoil spring isn't as bad as one would think, but you know what that's worth. I ask because my tiny daughter can actually limp wrist her M&P9 into not resetting the trigger and has trouble chambering a round. She can do it, but it's a struggle.

Good question. With the delayed blowback operation of the locking breech mechanism, the recoil spring is supposed to be lighter so chambering a round should be much easier for her. My guess is that limp wristing should be less of a concern and have less felt recoil as well.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good question. With the delayed blowback operation of the locking breech mechanism, the recoil spring is supposed to be lighter so chambering a round should be much easier for her. My guess is that limp wristing should be less of a concern and have less felt recoil as well.

Thankyou sir. I may take a look at one. The design is sure intriguing, if I can just get past the goofy looks.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Comparing Remington to a POS company like KelTec is like comparing real juggs to fake juggs.

I have seen a lot of artificially enhanced jugs. I have never had a chance to fondle any so I can't say if I like them better than natural jugs. Logic tells me that the natural jugs should be better, but my logic has not always been accurate.

I will have to wait until I have a chance to inspect both types more closely before I can compare breasts to small pistols made by a company known for frequent changes of ownership and a company known for low cost pistols.

I am sure that a day spent inspecting either breasts or pistols would be a good day regardless of the quality of any of them.