Food Stamp Recipients?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My mother received the cheese and peanut butter a couple of times and I don't begrudge anyone receiving entitlements for a short period and there are no individuals that commented that made a career of a lifetime of entitlements. That my friends is commendable! I myself have never received food Stamps and never will-I hope. I feel if someone is on it for a short period until they get on their feet and then drop the benefits that is wonderful! But if it is a lifetime proposition and the 51% are buying their groceries I deeply resent that. A lot of us were raised poor and we worked our way out of poverty-thank God!

Progun223

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a friend who is 35. He is physically able but doesn't work. He eats a handful of Loratabs every day, drinks, and chain smokes. I think he gets around 600-700 dollars a month on his access card. He buys all the expensive name brand sauces and seasonings, steaks, chicken breasts, and energy drinks.

CBCollier

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have a friend who is 35. He is physically able but doesn't work. He eats a handful of Loratabs every day, drinks, and chain smokes. I think he gets around 600-700 dollars a month on his access card. He buys all the expensive name brand sauces and seasonings, steaks, chicken breasts, and energy drinks.

And this is why people find it "ok" to stay on it for a lifetime. Why not?!, you get all of the good steaks, energy drinks, name brand stuff. Blah!!:pissed:

I grew up pretty poor. My mom raised three of us, with different step father at different times. I don't remember if we had food stamps or not, but I don't think so. My grandfather was too proud and would probably stepped in before that would happen. But, I can remember many nights that my sisters and I would eat whatever mom would fix, and she would not eat anything. I remember that it would be a real treat if I happened to go to work with mom (she worked at a daycare center) during the summer and she would give me 6 or so bucks and I would go across the street to Taco Bell and get us both lunch. That was like a steak dinner for a 10 year old kid.

I still remember some of the things that I ate a lot of, and Mac and Cheese was one of them. To this day, I still will not eat Mac and Cheese! :puke:

RyanSixer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you all for sharing your experiences. I'm not sure what the PC teacher will think if I quote "feeding on the govt teat," but I think I'll do it anyways.. :patriot:

I appreciate your help and thoughts.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The first 2 years that I was in the Army we were on WIC because my pay just wasn't enough to pay bills and I even had a 2nd job but it only made me about 250.00 a month and my base pay from the Army was less than 1000.00. I bet if we got on base housing we would not have had to get WIC but we had a baby and after all bills were paid I only had about 90.00 left over to buy food for 2 adults and 1 child for a month.

joshua74133

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We were on food stamps for 1 1/2 years.

My wife was let go from the Air Force after being diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, 2 weeks later she had to quit her dental job because she could not type or hold dental tools.

I owned a small Lawn business and to make a long story short I was offered a job to run this guys tax shield (lawn business) and in doing so i had to bring my clients over to his business... So in being the sole provider and freaking out about money I took the deal (((bad mistake))) in just 2 months i got injured, he got pissed because i had to file on the company workers comp, I was fired upon return because he wanted to change my income from 50k a year to 8 bucks a hour.... So to recap now he had all my clients, all my equipment, and he took the house (that was part of the deal) truck (that was part of the deal) resulting in me having to move my family of 7 into my mom and dads 1600sq garage apartment.

My youngest boy got bad sick and it was thanksgiving and we had no food in the house... i got rid of the pride and went on food stamps… I hated it, I hated the way people looked at you and I hated reading what people had to say about "ALL" the people on food stamps... but! I don’t regret the decision... it kept food in my kids stomach and it gave me peace of mind if they got sick. it’s something I will not EVER forget.

Your report needs to be on those who have been on it longer than 4 years… because after 1 and a half years i see no way someone cant figure it out to get off the assistance.

joshua74133

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just FYI still trying to figure out why they dont do drug testing and handle this like the angel program.... the angel program would get rid of the low life's that sale their assistance.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My low life mom used to sell some of her food stamps to pay for things like electric or water or medication. Sometimes she would even sell cheese an peanut butter to buy clothes. Once she made me sell a huge bag of rice to buy firewood. Man the things poor people will do to survive. If we'd a had the Angel program we'd been saved.

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The program, like most government programs, is rife with fraud. I have no problem with people using food stamps to feed their children while in between jobs. It's the buying, selling, and trading of the food stamps that is a problem

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have 2 kids on WIC now. They are foster kids currently which means that they qualify just for that, However my wife and I do need the assistance. I have 2 adopted kids and 2 foster. When DHS called a year ago and asked if we would take our 2 kids younger brother and sister we said yes, of course. They were 2yrs old and 3 months old, had health problems, and needed lots of care and attention because of where they came from. My wife quite her job to take care of them. Boom income cut in half. I was being abused essentially at a job and had to find another. That came with a pay cut. So now I have 4 kids and less than half of the income i did with just 2 kids. Things are turning around and some job opportunities are on the horizon for both my wife and I. WIC gives you vouchers for specific food items like milk, cheese, fruit, bread, etc. There isn't much of a way to abuse that. I guess you could sell them, we don't. Tomorrow the adoption of my youngest 2 will be finalized and be part of the family forever. Job losses and pay cuts were worth it. Some times you do what you gotta do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom