Sooner State Pawn Oklahoma Second Amendment Association 2A Shooting Center Harsh Firearms Fat Boy Tactical
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dan Combs OHP video, must see!

I thought everyone had already seen this. If you haven't it's well worth your time. It's old and in black and white, kinda grainy. Back then we didn't have fancy digital cameras, computers or the internets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gFimxly9F8

One of the truly patriotic moments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOWvGUgDvWA

Default Re: Dan Combs OHP video, must see!

Dan Combs came to our junior high class and gave a gun demonstration using blanks, but in those days schools taught gun safety as they knew lots of kids had parents with guns.

My how times have changed. I worked with Dan's son for a year or so on a job before I left that place.

One interesting note, during our junior high session with Dan, he said he had shot himself in an AD.

Put a .45 in his waist band, and when he retrieved it, he hit the trigger. Hell of a shooter.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB Books View Post
    DennisShoddy is the 12th Imam
    Common sense is not a Gift....
    Its a punishment, because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

Dennishoddyfeedback thread: https://www.okshooters.com/showthrea...74-Dennishoddy

WHEN DEMOCRACY TURNS TO TYRANNY, THE ARMED CITIZEN STILL GETS TO VOTE

I'd not seen that before. Thanks!

Another video of a Captain Combs
    A man oughta do what he thinks is right.
    -- Hondo Lane, Hondo

Well now I'm standing. Happy? We're all standing now. Bunch of jackasses, standing in a circle.
    -- Rocket Raccoon, Guardians of the Galaxy

In each of his video's he always said,
    "I speak to you an one police officer.

We do not ever dare disarm the American Citizen.

If that thin blue line fails, our society will fail.
    Ladies and Gentlemen, we are on your side. I hope and pray you are on our side."

I hope and pray to God you are on our side."

( the audio was tough for me to hear, if I quoted anything wrong, please correct.)

Thank you very much.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB Books View Post
    DennisShoddy is the 12th Imam
    Common sense is not a Gift....
    Its a punishment, because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

Dennishoddyfeedback thread: https://www.okshooters.com/showthrea...74-Dennishoddy

WHEN DEMOCRACY TURNS TO TYRANNY, THE ARMED CITIZEN STILL GETS TO VOTE

Quote Originally Posted by dennishoddy View Post
    One interesting note, during our junior high session with Dan, he said he had shot himself in an AD.

Put a .45 in his waist band, and when he retrieved it, he hit the trigger. Hell of a shooter.
    I watched the longer video last night... was thinking I saw some pretty poor trigger-discipline in a few scenes. Not taking anything away from him... just pointing out the differences in mentality we have these days. The firearms community has, I think, begun to focus much more on safety in the last few decades, which is ALWAYS a good thing. Just interesting to see what it was like many years ago, from a video perspective.
    "You never know why you're alive, until you know what you would die for." - Bart Millard
    Caeci caecos ducentes.

Feedback here.

POST #12 - We Will Never Forget

That was great, thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by yukonjack View Post
    I thought everyone had already seen this. If you haven't it's well worth your time. It's old and in black and white, kinda grainy. Back then we didn't have fancy digital cameras, computers or the internets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gFimxly9F8
    Holy moly - the OHP had M1928 Thompsons and full-auto M14's?? When were these phased out, or do they still have those weapons? The video looks like it was shot in the late 1970s to early 1980s. Most interesting!

Patron

Good stuff.

He has actually shot himself twice. I was watching one of his videos at the Lester Training Center during a lunch break. He was telling the class how he shot himself in the leg.

Not the exact wording I'm sure, but you get the idea of his humor.

"During a demonstration, I shot myself in the leg. As I felt the pain and the blood running down my leg, I turned and told the class that they had just seen the fastest draw they will ever see in their lives". He went on to say "I have just drawn my pistol and fired and re-holstered before the bullet could come out of the end of the barrel and I have just shot myself in the leg".

Another video I saw, the question came up about whether his finger was on the trigger or not during his draw. It was filmed in slow motion and it was still blurry, but you could tell that his finger was not on the trigger.

All total I saw about 20 different videos of his demonstrations.
    “Neither cold, nor darkness will deter good people from hastening to the dreadful place to quench the flame. They do it not for the sake of reward or fame; but they have a reward in themselves, and they love one another.”
    Benjamin Franklin

My Feedback

That looked like a Colt Python 4" blued revolver he was twirling.

Nice gun.

Have seen these before,he was one-of-a-kind. That was a different time indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Perplexed View Post
    Holy moly - the OHP had M1928 Thompsons and full-auto M14's?? When were these phased out, or do they still have those weapons? The video looks like it was shot in the late 1970s to early 1980s. Most interesting!
    According to the video I linked, he died in '76, so I'd guess this was early-'70s. Interesting that (if the video is to be believed) he's the only OHP Trooper to have his badge number retired without having fallen in the line of duty. He must have been a hell of a man...
    A man oughta do what he thinks is right.
    -- Hondo Lane, Hondo

Well now I'm standing. Happy? We're all standing now. Bunch of jackasses, standing in a circle.
    -- Rocket Raccoon, Guardians of the Galaxy

They don't make very many men like Trooper Combs anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerP226 View Post
    According to the video I linked, he died in '76, so I'd guess this was early-'70s. Interesting that (if the video is to be believed) he's the only OHP Trooper to have his badge number retired without having fallen in the line of duty. He must have been a hell of a man...
    Agreed... I thought it was much older, maybe early 60s, but looking at the haircuts of the men in the video, I think early 70s might be about right. Hard for me to say. I wasn't born yet.
    "You never know why you're alive, until you know what you would die for." - Bart Millard
    Caeci caecos ducentes.

Feedback here.

POST #12 - We Will Never Forget