Dan Combs OHP video, must see!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dan Combs came to our junior high class and gave a gun demonstration using blanks, but in those days schools taught gun safety as they knew lots of kids had parents with guns.

My how times have changed. I worked with Dan's son for a year or so on a job before I left that place.

One interesting note, during our junior high session with Dan, he said he had shot himself in an AD.

Put a .45 in his waist band, and when he retrieved it, he hit the trigger. Hell of a shooter.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In each of his video's he always said,
"I speak to you an one police officer.

We do not ever dare disarm the American Citizen.

If that thin blue line fails, our society will fail.
Ladies and Gentlemen, we are on your side. I hope and pray you are on our side."

I hope and pray to God you are on our side."

( the audio was tough for me to hear, if I quoted anything wrong, please correct.)

Thank you very much.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
One interesting note, during our junior high session with Dan, he said he had shot himself in an AD.

Put a .45 in his waist band, and when he retrieved it, he hit the trigger. Hell of a shooter.

I watched the longer video last night... was thinking I saw some pretty poor trigger-discipline in a few scenes. Not taking anything away from him... just pointing out the differences in mentality we have these days. The firearms community has, I think, begun to focus much more on safety in the last few decades, which is ALWAYS a good thing. Just interesting to see what it was like many years ago, from a video perspective.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought everyone had already seen this. If you haven't it's well worth your time. It's old and in black and white, kinda grainy. Back then we didn't have fancy digital cameras, computers or the internets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gFimxly9F8

Holy moly - the OHP had M1928 Thompsons and full-auto M14's?? When were these phased out, or do they still have those weapons? The video looks like it was shot in the late 1970s to early 1980s. Most interesting!

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He has actually shot himself twice. I was watching one of his videos at the Lester Training Center during a lunch break. He was telling the class how he shot himself in the leg.

Not the exact wording I'm sure, but you get the idea of his humor.

"During a demonstration, I shot myself in the leg. As I felt the pain and the blood running down my leg, I turned and told the class that they had just seen the fastest draw they will ever see in their lives". He went on to say "I have just drawn my pistol and fired and re-holstered before the bullet could come out of the end of the barrel and I have just shot myself in the leg".

Another video I saw, the question came up about whether his finger was on the trigger or not during his draw. It was filmed in slow motion and it was still blurry, but you could tell that his finger was not on the trigger.

All total I saw about 20 different videos of his demonstrations.

Latest posts

Top Bottom