Joe Walsh at the Beatles tribute.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did any of you watch this? The wife wanted to watch even though I am not a Beatles fan I watched it with her. Towards the end Joe Walsh and a couple other guys tore it up!!!! I am not even enough of a fan to remember the song but I will not forget the performance. I will look for the video to post.

EDIT: Song was As My Guitar Gently Weeps and Gary Clark Jr. was one of the others playing.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did any of you watch this? The wife wanted to watch even though I am not a Beatles fan I watched it with her. Towards the end Joe Walsh and a couple other guys tore it up!!!! I am not even enough of a fan to remember the song but I will not forget the performance. I will look for the video to post.

EDIT: Song was As My Guitar Gently Weeps and Gary Clark Jr. was one of the others playing.

I like Joe Walsh and I really like while my guitar gently weeps. I'll have to see if I can find a youtube of it.

Another great version of the song is on the concert for george video. It's clapton singing / playing and a ton of other big names. If you get the disc also check out "my sweet lord" sang my Billy Preston.

Here ya go

Last edited by a moderator:

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I watched and enjoyed it. I saw Joe in Hampton,Va. back around 1975. I think he with Barnstorm on the card with Marshall Tucker. I was always a Beatles fan. Liverpool Legends has played Ponca City twice and they were great.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In a hundred years of superb acts, Beatles are the greatest band ever in my mind. Not to say others can't stack up... Dave Grohl is the man. Volbeat is the definition of music diversity. There will never be another Buddy Holly, John Hooker, or Hank Williams... but the Beatles can't be beat

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
wasn't a fan. wasn't interested. wasn't going to watch the tribute. didn't watch it.

Yahoo has a story about fans being mad at Katie Perry and her appearance on the tribute. Didn't read the story or know what the brouhaha is all about. I DON'T CARE unless it ruins her career. At that point, I still don't care.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I watched and enjoyed it. I saw Joe in Hampton,Va. back around 1975. I think he with Barnstorm on the card with Marshall Tucker. I was always a Beatles fan. Liverpool Legends has played Ponca City twice and they were great.

It was a good show last night. We saw the Liverpool Legends in Branson, excellent group if you like the Beatles.

Latest posts

Top Bottom