After-Birth Abortion, The pro-choice case for infanticide.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
WOW is all I can say. Luckily this just seems to be a couple of fruitloops way out in lefty field.

Just when you thought the religious right couldn’t get any crazier, with its personhood amendments and its attacks on contraception, here comes the academic left with an even crazier idea: after-birth abortion.

No, I didn’t make this up. “Partial-birth abortion” is a term invented by pro-lifers. But “after-birth abortion” is a term invented by two philosophers, Alberto Giubilini and Francesca Minerva. In the Journal of Medical Ethics, they propose:

[W]hen circumstances occur after birth such that they would have justified abortion, what we call after-birth abortion should be permissible. … [W]e propose to call this practice ‘after-birth abortion’, rather than ‘infanticide,’ to emphasize that the moral status of the individual killed is comparable with that of a fetus … rather than to that of a child. Therefore, we claim that killing a newborn could be ethically permissible in all the circumstances where abortion would be. Such circumstances include cases where the newborn has the potential to have an (at least) acceptable life, but the well-being of the family is at risk.

http://www.slate.com/articles/healt...ion_the_pro_choice_case_for_infanticide_.html

Defnestor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So the six-year-olds killed in Newton would be considered twenty-first trimester abortions? I bet the libs could get behind that. Of course, then they'd be arguing that only the government and spree killers should be allowed guns.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So the six-year-olds killed in Newton would be considered twenty-first trimester abortions? I bet the libs could get behind that. Of course, then they'd be arguing that only the government and spree killers should be allowed guns.

Lets start with the two a$$holes who thought this up.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

First, I in no way agree with their original idea. it's wretched and shameful. However, I think the idea is that after the child is born it is determined that it is mentally or physically handicapped and the parents elect to not raise (or don't have the means to raise) a special needs child it can then be terminated. I suppose it would also cover premies.

Either way, it's a horrid idea.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First, I in no way agree with their original idea. it's wretched and shameful. However, I think the idea is that after the child is born it is determined that it is mentally or physically handicapped and the parents elect to not raise (or don't have the means to raise) a special needs child it can then be terminated. I suppose it would also cover premies.

Either way, it's a horrid idea.

This is exactly what many pro-life people have been worried about, and what the pro-choice people kept saying would never come up. That the idea was just to horrible. Ta-da, here it is.

Slowly, using dull spoons.

Works for me.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How does one abort an afterbirth? I thought it exited naturally in most cases.

You guys should read "Freakonomics" for an interesting angle on abortion.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't a lot of nobler societies practiced abandoning or killing their offspring if it was defective at birth? Several Native American groups come to mind. Cold as it may seem, it does reduce the number of viable mating candidates that carry bad genes.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/world/2008-09-22-infanticide_N.htm

eyecyou

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its my opinion that the jack holes that thought this up should be aborted because obviously they aren't human beings either

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom